cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Follow my progress to rebuilding my credit.

tag
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Re: Follow my progress to rebuilding my credit.

lol.... winning the war (getting approved for a house) isnt looking so good within the next 5 month.................

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 21 of 57
Lil_Me
New Contributor

That's what I'm aiming for, that's why I said I was just going to stop and let what I have grow and hopefully raise my credit score.

10/3/2020 TU: 619, EP: 627, EQ: 613

Discover It $2200, /images.ctfassets.net/vrxttq978is8/6wscgyGnZ3KkFiyrWOJrO4/a8326124891622c78192fa5afe137103/New_Project__1_.png?w=1133&h=1000&q=50 “ height=”40” width=”50”> Avant $500, Credit One $600, One $400, /helzberg.com/media/icons/platinum-credit-card-170x106-opt.jpg “ height=”40” width=”50”> Helzberg $1000, Ann Taylor $500, VS $150, /www.ulta.com/static/images/footer_cc.png “ height=”40” width=”50”> Ulta $400, Amazon Prime $100, Cap 1 $450, Navy Federal $200

Gardening Mode!!!!
Message 22 of 57
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Don't give up Ben...if it helps you and one other member are my role models in this fight...I'm starting in the high 400s and seeing you and hoping to rebuild be able to succeed (other members as well) has motivated me. I'm aimiing to get my scores up for  an education/living expense loan by Jan 2013. Hope to see you take a break and try again!

Message 23 of 57
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

I took a break over the weekend and i am ready to take on this battle again!!!

Thanks again all!!!

Im glad i could help you all. 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 24 of 57
NikJ4
Established Contributor

@Chrisla2077 wrote:

Don't give up Ben...if it helps you and one other member are my role models in this fight...I'm starting in the high 400s and seeing you and hoping to rebuild be able to succeed (other members as well) has motivated me. I'm aimiing to get my scores up for  an education/living expense loan by Jan 2013. Hope to see you take a break and try again!

I started out in the 400's. Mid 400's to be exact not too long ago and now my scores are (586 tu and 595 eq) so it can be done. Dont give up. I didnt think i would ever get another credit card once I had a judgement report against me. I thought it was over. I was so discouraged and I cried all the time. This site helped me to get my self up out of my pity party and press forward. I did and now I have been able to obtain store cards from GEMB and Firestone and Credit One. All unsecured. I am happy to see there is light at the end of the tunnel and it isnt a train.

Message 25 of 57
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

I see the light, i am just weary of the train lol.... 

Message 26 of 57
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Its a small one. It doesnt hurt too bad. Smiley Wink

Dont get discouraged. Just take breaks periodically when you start feeling this way.

Message 27 of 57
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

Hello Ben, I am also glad you rejoined the fight, I have been following you and became a little discouraged when you said you quit. I am in a similar situation myself except my scores are worse, Smiley Wink I had a very rough year this past year and decided that 2012 is going to be much better and I am going to buy my own home and travel more. No more waiting, time to get by credit scores up and get my dream home and I am determined to get it this year. I don't have a lot to pay off, and I don't have any open credit, that's my problem, so this weekend I am going to apply for 2 secured credit cards. Last weekend I paid off 3 items in my credit report and I am going to wait a few weeks and send GW letters to them. I have never sent a GW letter before so I will see what happens. Anyway please keep going, they are some of us watching you even if we don't post comments, good luck!

Starting Score: TU-470 4/11/19, EQ-482 4/11/19, EX-486 4/11/19
Current Score: TU-507 7/18/19, EQ-517 7/18/19, EX-508 7/18/19
Goal Score: TU-700, EQ-700, EX-700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 28 of 57
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

@NikJ4 wrote:

@Chrisla2077 wrote:

I started out in the 400's. Mid 400's to be exact not too long ago and now my scores are (586 tu and 595 eq) so it can be done. Dont give up. I didnt think i would ever get another credit card once I had a judgement report against me. I thought it was over. I was so discouraged and I cried all the time. This site helped me to get my self up out of my pity party and press forward. I did and now I have been able to obtain store cards from GEMB and Firestone and Credit One. All unsecured. I am happy to see there is light at the end of the tunnel and it isnt a train.

I actually dipped down there (low 400's ) not long ago....and I have not one but 3 judgements against me. I'm trying to press forward...sad to think that a 760 score turned into this from a dual job loss. I'm pressing forward though...attempting not to file bankruptcy...so hopefully I'll see some improvement soon!

Message 29 of 57
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

I greatly appreciate it ... the only thing i had left to do, other then the grind of the GW.... was pay off 2 things that were being counted towards my util.... which from what i have read and spoken to about, i should see a nice bump, my util% should go from 200%+ to about 14% lol...

Message 30 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.