Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Follow up

tag
chosen4th
Contributor

Follow up

I posted last week saying how i tried disputing a few things and it crushed my score.. It has for both ex and eq.. my eq went down from 655 on Myfico to a 606, and nothing new negative came up, just account details changed, Oh and i lowered my UTI from 40% to 9% and it dropped this much.. ex same story, dropped from 660 to 610.. My Transunion is still standing strong around 690 right now.. but just kills me because i feel like transunion is the least useful of the 3 bureaus 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AllThingsRPossible
New Contributor

Re: Follow up

Sorry about the score drop....thnx for sharing with the community.  Your scores can come back up..... hopefully sooner rather than later.  

Starting Score: 503
Current Score: 667
Goal Score: 650

Message 2 of 4
IamB2
Established Contributor

@chosen4th wrote:

I posted last week saying how i tried disputing a few things and it crushed my score.. It has for both ex and eq.. my eq went down from 655 on Myfico to a 606, and nothing new negative came up, just account details changed, Oh and i lowered my UTI from 40% to 9% and it dropped this much.. ex same story, dropped from 660 to 610.. My Transunion is still standing strong around 690 right now.. but just kills me because i feel like transunion is the least useful of the 3 bureaus 

Besides the items that you are disputing are there any other baddies on your record? If you don't, once items are disputed, they are no longer factored in your score. So if those were your only negatives, it could be that you are now scored on a different "bucket" and, from what I read on here, causes the score to temporarily drop until it catches up with the "clean" reporting. Usually should not be long before they bounce back up.

If there are other baddies on there, then I got nothing. Sorry.

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

During a dispute of OC accounts, only certain aspects of those accounts are removed from scoring, not the entire account.  Collections and PRs are fully factored in.

Once the dispute is resolved your points will either come back to what they were pre-dispute, go higher or lower, depending on the outcome of the dispute.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.