Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fontier Communications

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fontier Communications

I have a CO from Frontier on my reports, along with 30,60,90,120 lates from summer of 2013. The CO amount is $78. Since there was no collection, I decided to call them and get it paid to keep it from getting worse.

Backstory: When I initially obtained service with them they promised certain options that I needed with their internet service and they failed to provide those options. After several dealings with their customer service and continued promises of 'yes, we can do that for you', they then told me they needed to send me a new modem/router. It still failed to work the way I needed and was unusable for my purpose. I finally told them to close the account after two months of this nonsense. I was not happy at all with the way they strung me along making promises they 'clearly' could not keep, and I never paid them a dime. Yeah, I know...Bad idea. Sometimes my stubborness gets the best of me.

OK, so I called them a couple of days ago, and the CSR cut the bill in half for me, so I ended up paying $39 and change. She then transferred me to collections where they pretty much told me to piss off as far as deleting anything. Couldn't even get them to remove any of the lates much less the CO status.

So, does anyone have any experience dealing with Frontier? Obviously I'm going to have to go up the food chain, any ideas how to best approach this?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fontier Communications

I have not dealt with them directly but the info you have provided is not exclusive to this company. A contract is a 2 way street, they failed to perform on their end on what they promised so you have a breech of contract. Personally I would be filing a BBB complaint against them due to that breech of contract.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fontier Communications

Hmmm....that just might work.... I'll have to give it a shot.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.