cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For my Wife - Medical Data Systems, Inc.

tag
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

For my Wife - Medical Data Systems, Inc.

So after much back and forth, I came to an agreement with Nelnet for my wife and they removed 2 of the 4 negative late pay items on her reports. I've been back and forth with original creditors for her medical collections though. Several were removed because the original hospital bills were duplicate accounts that they sold to more than one collection agency (which is illegal isn't it?) After she threatened suit they removed them. She had 5 accounts from Medical Data Systems, Inc. She paid them in full, but they will not remove them and neither will the original creditor (the hospital). We are going to file disputes with the bureaus and send letters to the original creditors and the collection agency. I know of why ****'s method and will be attempting that for her. Has any one had any success getting them to remove any thing? My wife tried talking to a supervisor there and she cussed her out and said she was an attorney and made my wife cry. Geez.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

Re: For my Wife - Medical Data Systems, Inc.

Well I sent the letters out to the OC and CA. Then I'm going to file disputes for her with all the bureaus. 

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 2 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Paying a collection does not negate the fact that it was placed for collection.

There is no basis under the FCRA or FDCPA for requiring deletion of a collection based on payment of the debt.

To the contrary, the CRAs have a clear policy, included in their credit reporitng manual and their credit reporting agreements, that debt collectors are not to delete their reporting based on payment of the debt.   The CRAs have that policy in order to preserve the completemenss, and thus value, of the credit reports they sell.

Message 3 of 7
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

Paying a collection does not negate the fact that it was placed for collection.

There is no basis under the FCRA or FDCPA for requiring deletion of a collection based on payment of the debt.

To the contrary, the CRAs have a clear policy, included in their credit reporitng manual and their credit reporting agreements, that debt collectors are not to delete their reporting based on payment of the debt.   The CRAs have that policy in order to preserve the completemenss, and thus value, of the credit reports they sell.

After receiving the letter, they removed all collections accounts. Just letting everyone know that it can be possible.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a collection with them as well. I paid the hospital and medical data systems updated the account as paid  So i just sent out a goodwill letter on yesterday asking for a removal. Did you send the address that was listed on your wife's credit report? I searched the internet  I could not find a ceo or president to send the letter to.

Message 5 of 7
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a collection with them as well. I paid the hospital and medical data systems updated the account as paid  So i just sent out a goodwill letter on yesterday asking for a removal. Did you send the address that was listed on your wife's credit report? I searched the internet  I could not find a ceo or president to send the letter to.

Google them ("Vero Beach"). First result that comes up. Also sent a letter to original creditor. However those weren't traditional goodwill letters (reference OP). PM me for more details.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

So after much back and forth, I came to an agreement with Nelnet for my wife and they removed 2 of the 4 negative late pay items on her reports. I've been back and forth with original creditors for her medical collections though. Several were removed because the original hospital bills were duplicate accounts that they sold to more than one collection agency (which is illegal isn't it?) After she threatened suit they removed them. She had 5 accounts from Medical Data Systems, Inc. She paid them in full, but they will not remove them and neither will the original creditor (the hospital). We are going to file disputes with the bureaus and send letters to the original creditors and the collection agency. I know of why ****'s method and will be attempting that for her. Has any one had any success getting them to remove any thing? My wife tried talking to a supervisor there and she cussed her out and said she was an attorney and made my wife cry. Geez.

Thats why calls to CA's should ALWAYS be recorded. A lot of a-holes work in CA's.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.