cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For the rebuilders wondering about Cap1 secured to unsecured here you go...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the rebuilders wondering about Cap1 secured to unsecured here you go...

Hope I'm posting this in the correct place if not please let me know thanks!

Decided to do a prequalification with my mother who does not have any credit and this was her result:

Secured MasterCard®

Apply Now For the Secured MasterCard Card.

Primary Benefit
Security deposit of $49, $99 or $200 required. Make your first 10 monthly payments on time to earn an upgrade to an unsecured credit card. This is a special offer, so apply now.
Purchase APR
24.99% variable APR
Transfer Information
24.99% variable APR; No Transfer Fee
Annual Fee
$0

Not sure how long this "special offer" is going to last but I know some were wondering about the secured cards unsecuring so I figured I would share! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: For the rebuilders wondering about Cap1 secured to unsecured here you go...

@Anonymous wrote:

Hope I'm posting this in the correct place if not please let me know thanks!

Decided to do a prequalification with my mother who does not have any credit and this was her result:

Secured MasterCard®

Apply Now For the Secured MasterCard Card.

Primary Benefit
Security deposit of $49, $99 or $200 required. Make your first 10 monthly payments on time to earn an upgrade to an unsecured credit card. This is a special offer, so apply now.
Purchase APR
24.99% variable APR
Transfer Information
24.99% variable APR; No Transfer Fee
Annual Fee
$0

Not sure how long this "special offer" is going to last but I know some were wondering about the secured cards unsecuring so I figured I would share! Smiley Happy

That's great news.  For so long the card would not secure.  Thanks for sharing.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem kaykay65 just trying to pay it forward!
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

They have backdated this "special offer" for all cardholders who obtained the card since what appears to have been since January or February of last year. I think it's safe to say they have opted to graduate these cards to be competitive with BoA/Disco/Citi. 

Mine unsecured over the weeked after the 11th statement cut last week. ^_^

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They have backdated this "special offer" for all cardholders who obtained the card since what appears to have been since January or February of last year. I think it's safe to say they have opted to graduate these cards to be competitive with BoA/Disco/Citi. 

Mine unsecured over the weeked after the 11th statement cut last week. ^_^

Congratulations lowkeyorca!!! Thats good to know thanks for the information!! That means mine has a chance of unsecuring as well!! 

Message 5 of 12
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately, mine and hubby's cards are from October and November of 2015. Hopefully they'll backdate it a bit further if not completely
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rmduhon wrote:
Unfortunately, mine and hubby's cards are from October and November of 2015. Hopefully they'll backdate it a bit further if not completely

I hope so, too!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@rmduhon wrote:

I hope so, too!

I hope they do as well rmduhon!! 

Message 8 of 12
JGGM
Frequent Contributor

I logged in and went to the live chat after I saw this. I have only kept this card because of its age, use it once every couple of months for something small. I asked the live chat rep if I was eligible to be graduated to an unsecured card. It was opened in 9/2015. She said no. Wasn't a huge deal to me because I wasn't probably going to do anything with the unsecured version either. For data points, I have the QS1, GM BuyPower as well, combined $7,500 CL with 7% utilization. Also have a couple other cards. No late pays in last 5 years. I suppose this is one of those YMMV situations, but that is what I experienced today. 

Current Score 7-1-21: TU: 812 EX: 805 EQ: 839
Goal Score:ACHIEVED - 800 Across the Board
In My Wallet: Cap1 QS - PenFed Power Cash Rewards - PenFed Promise - AmEx Delta Platinum - DISCO - NFCU Cash Rewards - Chase Sapphire Preferred

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that JGGM. Even though the card has "served its purpose" I'm still sorry to hear that yours isn't eligible for graduation.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.