cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For the rebuilders wondering about Cap1 secured to unsecured here you go...

tag
JGGM
Frequent Contributor

Re: For the rebuilders wondering about Cap1 secured to unsecured here you go...

Yea I was kind of bummed, just because I figured if they are actively graduating my profile (especially with Cap1) should be ideal for this sort of thing. It's all good, Cap1 has been good to me over the years, they gave me a chance when nobody else would. 

Current Score 7-1-21: TU: 812 EX: 805 EQ: 839
Goal Score:ACHIEVED - 800 Across the Board
In My Wallet: Cap1 QS - PenFed Power Cash Rewards - PenFed Promise - AmEx Delta Platinum - DISCO - NFCU Cash Rewards - Chase Sapphire Preferred

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: For the rebuilders wondering about Cap1 secured to unsecured here you go...

@JGGM wrote:

I logged in and went to the live chat after I saw this. I have only kept this card because of its age, use it once every couple of months for something small. I asked the live chat rep if I was eligible to be graduated to an unsecured card. It was opened in 9/2015. She said no. Wasn't a huge deal to me because I wasn't probably going to do anything with the unsecured version either. For data points, I have the QS1, GM BuyPower as well, combined $7,500 CL with 7% utilization. Also have a couple other cards. No late pays in last 5 years. I suppose this is one of those YMMV situations, but that is what I experienced today. 

I haven't seen anyone graduate that started then, it all appears to be January 2016 and on.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.