cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those with PAID Collection TL Deletes...

tag
SunnyDaze77
Regular Contributor

For those with PAID Collection TL Deletes...

Did you notice if your score went up or down after they removed it?  I saw somewhere someone said if it's an old acct but has been paid then they would leave it alone otherwise if they delete it marks as a recent account and takes points away.  Can anyone tell me if this is true and if so, how many points was taken off your CR.  Thank you! =)

Starting Score: TU 543 EQ 570 (03/21/10)
Building Score: TU 641 EQ 629 EX 620 (11/06/11) Pulled Lender
Current Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EX 665 (04/23/12)
Goal Score: 720 Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: For those with PAID Collection TL Deletes...

Paid collections that are deleted can not be marked as a recent account...because its deleted.

Paid collections are seen the same as the unpaid collection. Now if you can get the collection

removed, most likely will see a score increase.

I think what you are talking about is not a collection but an old account with late payments.

If it is your oldest account, the lates hurt but the history helps more.

The fear is if you ask to have the lates removed, they may delete the whole thing.

Hope I answered your questions, if not try to give more info.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@SunnyDaze77 wrote:

Did you notice if your score went up or down after they removed it?  I saw somewhere someone said if it's an old acct but has been paid then they would leave it alone otherwise if they delete it marks as a recent account and takes points away.  Can anyone tell me if this is true and if so, how many points was taken off your CR.  Thank you! =)

I think what you are asking is, if you pay an old collection does it make your score go down.  Yes, it can because it will update to look like a recent collection and drop your score.

If you have an old collection deleted, and it was your oldest account, it can drop your score and you lose your AAoA.

Message 3 of 10
SunnyDaze77
Regular Contributor

Yes Guiness that is what I was referring to.  Sorry my question was a little confusing...

So it would be best to leave a paid collection alone from 2005 on my CR?  I haven't sent any GW's yet because I wanted to confirm this.  I don't want this to hurt my score as I am trying to repair my credit. Thanks!

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct me if I am wrong here guys (and I may well be) but wouldn't leaving a collection, paid or unpaid, on your report be far more detrimental than any hit you would take to AAoA by deleting the TL altogether?

Message 5 of 10
SunnyDaze77
Regular Contributor

That's what I was thinking but then I saw a post that stated if it's old then it can decrease your score.

I was hoping those who had these removed can tell me how old their account was and if it had decreased their scores when removed...

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I figured that was what you were asking...probably based on my earlier GW post.  I will let you know what happens when mine gets deleted.  Either way, I would rather the collection (paid in this case) be gone altogether.

Message 7 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

"Collections" has been used by some posters to describe CAs and also COs. CAs have zero impact on AAoA as they aren't calculated in the length of history for a FICO score. So, delete them all and you'll likely see a gain.

If they were COs, then removing them can negatively impact and drop a score. YMMV based on how it's reporting. More often than not, you'd see a gain with a remove of a CO.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

llecs wrote:

"Collections" has been used by some posters to describe CAs and also COs. CAs have zero impact on AAoA as they aren't calculated in the length of history for a FICO score. So, delete them all and you'll likely see a gain.

If they were COs, then removing them can negatively impact and drop a score. YMMV based on how it's reporting. More often than not, you'd see a gain with a remove of a CO.

Exactly.  And in my particular case it was a paid CA, not a CO.

Message 9 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@llecs wrote:

Exactly.  And in my particular case it was a paid CA, not a CO.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.  If you delete a paid collections you should see an increase, depending on other factors on your CR.

A CO from an OC is different.  It could go either way as llecs stated.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.