cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those with a SOUTH CAROLINA state tax lien, READ THIS!!!

tag
specialksauce
Contributor

For those with a SOUTH CAROLINA state tax lien, READ THIS!!!

For those with a South Carolina State tax lien......once it's been paid and satisfied in full, you can request a lien expungement from public record and have it deleted from your credit report!!! They just passed the law that those who pay their liens in full can get it removed from public record!!! 

I originally sent it by mail but found out that they have a PO BOX mailing address and the address listed below is their physical address so i faxed instead of re-mailing it. 

This is what I sent by fax: 

South Carolina Department of Revenue
Central Levy Unit

300A Outlet Pointe Blvd.

Columbia, SC 29210

Phone: (803) 898-5611

Fax: (803) 896-0289

ATTENTION: Nelson

I, XXXXXX, request an expungement of tax lien XXXXXX of file number XXXXX. Please remove this file from public records.

This lien was fully satisfied on XXXXXX.  Attached you will also see my lien satisfaction letter. 

Here is all of my current and updated information, should you have any questions: 

I put the DOB, SS# and cell phone number. 

Thank you, 

XXXX

The state tax lien is going to be removed 4 years early thanks to the law being passed in June of this year. Hope this helps someone out there!! 

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
nativenyer
Frequent Contributor

Re: For those with a SOUTH CAROLINA state tax lien, READ THIS!!!

That's terrific news!!!  Writing my letter tomorrow morning and putting it in the mail.  I paid my lien 4 years ago and it needs to be removed desperately.  Just the bump I've been looking for!  Thanks!!!!!

Message 2 of 20
kd081708
Regular Contributor

Omg....thanks for the info.i need the bump.....

Starting Score: EQ 450 EX 498 TU 470
Current Score:
EQ 574 EX 581 TU 572 Barclay 596 Merrick 612
Goal Score:
600 all by 06/30/2014

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

I called them and requested it over the phone and they said yes immediately. She said it would take three weeks and she would mail out notification to me!  Call them cause I needed that bump too!!!!

Message 4 of 20
dalasdon
Regular Contributor

I had 10 liens, had to call 3 times for them to be unpurged from system, due to them being so old.  Once unpurged, they were emailed to me and also sent to Pickens county.  After 3 days I called and they were indeed removed from record, I then filed dispute with TU as inaccurate and they were removed.

Message 5 of 20
kd081708
Regular Contributor

I sent out a letter yesterday and then I called this morning. They gave me no issue in removing it and said he would mail me a letter of expungement! I cant believe I didnt find out about this earlier.  I still have a bankruptcy on my report but this should still give me a nice little bump...well hopefully a big bump!

Starting Score: EQ 450 EX 498 TU 470
Current Score:
EQ 574 EX 581 TU 572 Barclay 596 Merrick 612
Goal Score:
600 all by 06/30/2014

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Great news guys!!!  I wished I had known last summer but I'm glad I found out this week.  It was amazing how helpful they were compared to how unhelpful they have been in the past.  I can't wait to get my letter so I can dispute it with the CRA's and get that bump I need.

Congrats!!!

Message 7 of 20
nativenyer
Frequent Contributor

Checked with my county's courthouse today and the tax lien is expunged!!!! Just waiting on a letter from the state dept of revenue so I can fax it to the CRAs and hopefully I'll get some points since this was my only public record ever!!

Message 8 of 20
nativenyer
Frequent Contributor

Deletions have begun!!  EX and EQ have deleted and now I'm waiting on TU!!!!!!!!

Message 9 of 20
CMS70
Established Member

I contacted the South Carolina DOR and they have to pull in my records because the files are so old.  That should take about a day.

There are two satisfied liens filed with the clerk of court. 1995 and 2007.  The 2007 was entered in March and satisfied in June (2.5 months) and is the only one showing on my credit report. 

My current scores are around low to mid 700 and I am hoping this will give me a significant bump in the models that takes this into consideration (ie FICO).  

I am hoping this process will go quickly.   I will keep everyone posted. 

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.