cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those with a SOUTH CAROLINA state tax lien, READ THIS!!!

tag
CMS70
Established Member

Re: For those with a SOUTH CAROLINA state tax lien, READ THIS!!!

So much for quickly.  

After pulling my files out of archive, the local office issued an expundgement to the county records and are sending me a copy so I can address the CBs. 

Well 20 days later, I have recieved nothing so far and nothing has changed on the books. {patience grasshopper patience}

Also to clarify, the 2007 tax lien put on the books till 2011 so it is effecting my CS. 

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just recieved the Tax Lien Espungement notice from the SC Department of Revenue. What do I do next? Do I send copies to the county courthouse that placed the lien, the credit reporting agencies or both?

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the process after the state sends teh tax lien expungement notice to you? I received mine but don't know if I'm supposed to send them somewhere or if the state does.

Message 13 of 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

What is the process after the state sends teh tax lien expungement notice to you? I received mine but don't know if I'm supposed to send them somewhere or if the state does.

Check your CRs after 60 days and if they are still present dispute the lien via US Mail with a copy of the expungment demanding deletion. Grats on getting the withdrawal Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I appreciate the info. Can't wait unit it comes off!

Message 15 of 20
CMS70
Established Member

The county will not accept your copy.  It must be sent directly from the state. 

In my case it took several months to resolve...partly because the person who sends them out for SCDOR was out and it must of been lost in the ether. 

My county has an online deed database where I could see the liens with the satisfactions.  Do not challenge the item on your credit report till you know the item has been removed from the county records.  Otherwise you will be wasting your time.  

Good Luck!

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey everyone. I just wanted to provide an update on my state lien status. I began with online disputes 2 weeks ago with all 3 agencies. As of this morning, all 3 have deleted my liens. Thanks for the help everyone!!

Message 17 of 20
CMS70
Established Member

Awesome!

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there! I'm new to this forum, and actually new to clearing up my credit/FICO score! Smiley Happy

I actually have a lien from SC reported on all 3 CBs from 2009 tax year. It was paid in full on 3/30/11 and I requested an expungment letter, which I received (quickly, suprisingly enough!) via mail and email. I did online disputes with all three and requested a deletion from my credit report, and attached the expungment letter. Equifax replied quickly with the results (disputed on 11/6; received a notice it had been completed on 11/8). However, this was the result:

We have reviewed the lien information. Case or ID # − The results are: This item has been

updated to report satisfied/released. If you have additional questions about this item please contact: Charleston, 101

Meeting St RM 201, Charleston SC 29401−2249 Phone: (843) 958−4800

My question is - why doesn't it show it was deleted?? Am I able to pull my credit report again with them to see what it says in order to submit the dispute again if it's not fully deleted? Help!! I haven't heard back from Transunion or Experian yet, and I'm dreading they might do the same.

TIA for any help!!

Message 19 of 20
dreamy10250
Valued Member

Thank you. I'm currently trying to rebuild and I paid my lien off in May 2010. This is helps

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.