Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ford Credit

tag
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Ford Credit

Hi!

So from what I have found Ford is a hard nut to crack... Basically the long and short of it, I had auto pay set up with ford, stopped it because I had also started autopay with my bank and I didn't want a double payment going in (shocker, who wants that unplanned?!?!?). That was October 31st, 2011. Some where around Nov 20th-ish, I went back into my ford account and reactivated my auto-pay feature. APPARENTLY it did not go through... I didn't realize this until January 6th when I looked at my bak account balance, realized there was too much money in there and went to check my auto-pays... Low and behold, I owed Ford $1100 and change for 3 car payments (Nov, Dec and Jan)... I paid it immediately and didn't think too much about it until I got a credit alert that I had a late payment. ::ALARM  ALARM  ALARM::

Since the end of January I have been trying to get Ford to remove the late payment. I have literally 3.5 years of PERFECT payment history and boom at the time I need it LEAST, here is a big fat 30 day late!

Anything I can do since this is really more of a computer glitch? I have tried calling... got a no... tried GW letters got no's... Tried plantfeedback... No response...  I tried disputing it, came back correct... I just don't know what to do... BBB? AG? i NEED toget this off my credit reports...

What are my options?

Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: Ford Credit

@bridgetkaryn wrote:

Hi!

So from what I have found Ford is a hard nut to crack... Basically the long and short of it, I had auto pay set up with ford, stopped it because I had also started autopay with my bank and I didn't want a double payment going in (shocker, who wants that unplanned?!?!?). That was October 31st, 2011. Some where around Nov 20th-ish, I went back into my ford account and reactivated my auto-pay feature. APPARENTLY it did not go through... I didn't realize this until January 6th when I looked at my bak account balance, realized there was too much money in there and went to check my auto-pays... Low and behold, I owed Ford $1100 and change for 3 car payments (Nov, Dec and Jan)... I paid it immediately and didn't think too much about it until I got a credit alert that I had a late payment. ::ALARM  ALARM  ALARM::

Since the end of January I have been trying to get Ford to remove the late payment. I have literally 3.5 years of PERFECT payment history and boom at the time I need it LEAST, here is a big fat 30 day late!

Anything I can do since this is really more of a computer glitch? I have tried calling... got a no... tried GW letters got no's... Tried plantfeedback... No response...  I tried disputing it, came back correct... I just don't know what to do... BBB? AG? i NEED toget this off my credit reports...

What are my options?

I am sympathetic to your situation. It is very apparent from your OP that this was just an oversight, and I am sorry they are being difficult to work with.

Unforunately, there is nothing inaccurate in the reporting therefor nothing to dispute. You didn't make the payments, and they reported it late. That is why it came back verified, because nothing is wrong with the reporting. In all honesty, you are really lucky it is just showing a 30 day late if you missed 3 payments.

Additionally, you didn't recieve any notification? No letters? No calls? As soon as I go 10 days late with Ford I am getting letters out the waazoo. You might want to ask them why you weren't notified.

As far as a computer glitch? Their IT staff would probably be able to pull login logs on your account to corraborate your story. They probably won't be able to confirm the glitch or whatever actually occured, but that might be enough for them to believe what you are saying. Usually system glitches like that carry log files, unless the 'glitch' was something on your side, maybe your internet timed out, maybe you lost wireless connection, what have you. I work in IT, at a help desk for a big company. Usually when people claim computer glitches, when they know we can go back and verify certain aspects of their usage, they usually back down on their claim. In your case, if you are certain there was an issue, push THAT with them.

I don't see anything wrong in what they are doing, so I don't see how you would have any success or basis to try to lodge a complaint with the BBB or AG. You MIGHT be able to launch a BBB complaint pushing the issue of THEIR computer glitch (even if you are unsure it was on their side) explain the situation similar to how you did in this post, and when they ask for desired resolution, you can say you would like the 30 day late. Sometimes, the BBB will have contacts already in place in a company that maybe more sympathetic to your siutation.

Included in the terms of service for almost every website, it is always up to the consumer to verify and ensure payment has processed. Losing track of if you have or haven't paid isn't a good defense. I am not judging, as I messed up and made a 30 day late because I wasn't paying attenion myself recently (with Chase which I was able to GW away, thankfully)

I would guess, if you waited a little while and tried again with good wills, you might have better luck, as it is so new.

Good luck!

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 4
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Well, it was november and december that were late, and I paid January's like 3 weeks early, thats why the 3 payments...

I am just annyed... I know I updated it (I am fairly tech savvy myself) I just don't get why it didn't "take" as it will...

And seriously, not a call, email... NOTHING... Also, I checked my info and its all up to date....  :::banging my head::: Just frustrated as this was a squeeky clean TL and it tanked my score by like 30 points...

Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@bridgetkaryn wrote:

Well, it was november and december that were late, and I paid January's like 3 weeks early, thats why the 3 payments...

I am just annyed... I know I updated it (I am fairly tech savvy myself) I just don't get why it didn't "take" as it will...

And seriously, not a call, email... NOTHING... Also, I checked my info and its all up to date....  :::banging my head::: Just frustrated as this was a squeeky clean TL and it tanked my score by like 30 points...

Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Oh I would super annoyed too.. I just think they are playing hardball with you for some odd reason.. Hopefully they will soften soon..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.