cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreclosure/Deed in Lieu 5 year removal date?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Foreclosure/Deed in Lieu 5 year removal date?

Has anyone had any experience with a foreclosure/deed in lieu falling off early? My husband did a deed in lieu in January 2012 and his Experian report is showing a drop off date of February 2017. There were no late payments prior to the deed in lieu so I don't see how the clock could have started earlier than that. I'm hoping it's not a typo in the report... is that possible?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Foreclosure/Deed in Lieu 5 year removal date?

Just checked TU and their date is December 2018, which I think makes sense because the last payment was in December 2011. Confused about the experian date...

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just checked TU and their date is December 2018, which I think makes sense because the last payment was in December 2011. Confused about the experian date...

Someone at the bank fat-fingered the data entry for Experian.... I wouldn't touch it.

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

FCRA 605(a) lists, in subsections (1)-(4), specific types of adverse information that have their own definitions of credit report exclusion periods.

Any other type of adverse item of information is captured in the catch-all subsection 605 (a)(5), which defines the exclusion period for other types of adverse information as being 7 years from date of occurence.

That would be an exclusion date of no later than 01/2019.

I would not contest any determination by a CRA that they will exclude earlier.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many points did credit score go up after drop?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.