cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreclosure Not Showing as Public Record...

tag
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Foreclosure Not Showing as Public Record...

@ProV wrote:

@EW800 wrote:

It took place in Minnesota.  I do not beleive they can come after me, or at least hope not!  

Minnesota appears to be a non-recourse state.  However, if you are really concerned about this, I would speak to a Real Estate Attorney, and they can answer your questions with more authority than I.

If this is accurate then you won't have a public record resulting from the foreclosure, as they can't sue you for their losses.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 11 of 12
EW800
Valued Contributor

Re: Foreclosure Not Showing as Public Record...

Thanks so much to everyone for all the info and thoughts!  What a great/supportive community!  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.