Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreclosure damage?

tag
tim1017
Regular Contributor

Re: Foreclosure damage?

@DaBears wrote:

The max a derogatory TL could stay on is 7 yrs 180 days. I would call the OC and see what's up. Can you post the TL? 

I tried but the formatiing is all whacky and garbled.  As a matter of contesting or disputing, wouldn't I be better served to have Experian remove it as a violation of FCRA?  Already tried a GW but I noticed this detail today.

04/27 SCORES - EQ 653
EXP 672
TU 653
Message 11 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@tim1017 wrote:

@DaBears wrote:

The max a derogatory TL could stay on is 7 yrs 180 days. I would call the OC and see what's up. Can you post the TL? 

I tried but the formatiing is all whacky and garbled.  As a matter of contesting or disputing, wouldn't I be better served to have Experian remove it as a violation of FCRA?  Already tried a GW but I noticed this detail today.

No,  You don't know that EX is violating the FCRA.  They base the estimated removal date on information obtained by the OC.  If the OC gave them one you don't believe to be correct, the issue is with the OC.

Message 12 of 18
tim1017
Regular Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

@tim1017 wrote:

@DaBears wrote:

No,  You don't know that EX is violating the FCRA.  They base the estimated removal date on information obtained by the OC.  If the OC gave them one you don't believe to be correct, the issue is with the OC.

So I need to dispute with the OC then?  If deleted, how much improvment would that potentially give me?

04/27 SCORES - EQ 653
EXP 672
TU 653
Message 13 of 18
tim1017
Regular Contributor

Ok stay with me here, if they received the DoFD as Jul 2006, shouldn't their removal date be Jul of 2013?  

04/27 SCORES - EQ 653
EXP 672
TU 653
Message 14 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I am with you.

Yes, IF they received that as a DoFD.  But, since EX and TU do not use DoFDs but, information from the OC, it appears the OC reported a different DoFD or information.

EX is showing a removal Apr 2014 which leads me to believe they were given different information.

Message 15 of 18
tim1017
Regular Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

I am with you.

Yes, IF they received that as a DoFD.  But, since EX and TU do not use DoFDs but, information from the OC, it appears the OC reported a different DoFD or information.

EX is showing a removal Apr 2014 which leads me to believe they were given different information.

Ok, so what is my course of action?  Dispute with EX or contact the OC?  I'm thinking it may be easier to Dispute with EX?

04/27 SCORES - EQ 653
EXP 672
TU 653
Message 16 of 18
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Send the the OC a DD asserting that the DOFD is incorrect and why.

Any documentation that you send along with the DD is of great help, in your case.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 17 of 18
tim1017
Regular Contributor

@madmann26 wrote:

Send the the OC a DD asserting that the DOFD is incorrect and why.

Any documentation that you send along with the DD is of great help, in your case.

Well it is NOT incorrect.  But "fall off date" stated in the trend line is incorrect.  Who owns that, the OC or CRA?

04/27 SCORES - EQ 653
EXP 672
TU 653
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.