cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreclosure deleted 3 years early with all three CRAs?!

tag
songsofexperience
Frequent Contributor

Foreclosure deleted 3 years early with all three CRAs?!

I just pulled by EX and TU scores and reports (have EQ through Scorewatch) and in going through the accounts saw that my foreclosure was not listed.

Checked the report I pulled through Citi Benefits Builder on May 11 and it's not listed there either (the credit monitor with Citi provides all three CRs, side-by-side)! I don't know how I missed it then.

So I had to pull EQ again because when I last pulled it (April 10) the foreclosure was definitely listed . . . it's gone from today's pull.

The account had a DOLA of May, 2010 (so there's a 4 year anniversary, but I'd expect 7 years not 4), but was not foreclosed on until April, 2012. It is, however, somehow magically gone from all three reports. It's definitely there on the April 10 report and not there on today's pulls.

*My TU report from 12/13 has 3/17 as the date of removal.

I don't know what to think. I did just (in February) open a CC and refinanced my auto loan with Capital One (my mortgage was with ING, which was bought by Cap One). The only other thing I can think of is that I did talk to someone from the mortgage insurance company about a month ago - Capital One had filed a claim (I didn't pay PMI, but they still had insurance). They insurer wanted to verify that ING/Cap One hadn't erred when giving me the loan so maybe Cap One just got the insurance payout?!

Dare I hope it never comes back? And if it doesn't, how does that affect me when I go to apply for a mortgage? I've been assuming I'll either have to wait until April, 2015 or have LOX (there were major extenuating circumstances). Now, I know that lender pulls can see more than we do so maybe if a mortgage lender pulls my reports they'll still see the foreclosure?

I did not dispute the account so that's not the reason it's gone. I've not had an unexplained score jump (I did go from 661 to 666 to 672 on EQ in the last month, but those all came with associated changes in my credit file).

Thoughts? I don't know if I should celebrate or worry. I can't help but think it has to be related to the May, 2010 DOLA . . . .

Starting Score: 2/2013 EQ 535
Current Score My Fico: 5/23 EQ 808| EX 812 | TU 800
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Foreclosure "mysteriously" disappeared from all 3 reports?!

Wow, what a nice surprise. The time it can be reported is set by the DOFD that led to the FC not the DOLA. Sometimes this happens the creditor could have removed them for whatever reason, they could have gotten lost in the CRAs files, but in this case I would say they actually hit the CRTP based on the DOFD or the creditor had them removed since they disappeared from all 3. If the CRTP had not actually passed its possible they can be re-reported but at this time I would not worry about but keep an eye for any changes. Its possible a mortgage loan officer will see the FC but if the creditor removed them they are gone.

Message 2 of 6
songsofexperience
Frequent Contributor

Thanks gdale.

I checked TU and it says last paid on time was 4/1/10, which fits with what I thought was DOFD.  That's still only 4 years, not 7, but since it's gone from all three it does seem as though maybe Cap One stopped reporting it.  It ordinarily would have stayed on until March, 2017. It would be amazing if it really is gone for good although I would have expected to see a score increase when it came off . . . .

Message 3 of 6
songsofexperience
Frequent Contributor

Got my free credit report from Equifax (because I really just can't believe it's gone) and it literally says, "You have no mortgage accounts on file."

I've been searching and searching and can't find anyone talking about having a foreclosure removed 3 years early. It really makes me worry it's going to pop up somewhere else. I guess all I can do is wait as I'm certainly not going to ask Cap One about it!

I know, it's a terrible problem to have, right, having it deleted 3 years early? Fingers crossed its really gone for good.

Message 4 of 6
alvon123
Super Contributor

Re: Foreclosure deleted 3 years early with all three CRAs?!

congrats

Message 5 of 6
songsofexperience
Frequent Contributor

Re: Foreclosure deleted 3 years early with all three CRAs?!

Thanks. According to the good folks on the mortgage board this makes no difference in mortgage apps because it's a searchable public record Smiley Sad

I'm happy to have it gone though, even if I don't know why it is!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.