Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreclosure deleted early!!!!

tag
secondnature
New Visitor

Re: Foreclosure deleted early!!!!

Hello Team SNS!

Congrats!  I am sure that made a big difference in your score!  Yipeee!

So, where did you access a credit report that shows things like this in great detail?  The one I signe d up sor does not go into great depth....

Thanks

Message 11 of 15
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

Hi Secondnature,

The collateral was sold. Plus, it's getting on 6 to 7 years. I don't believe there is any giant to awaken. 

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 12 of 15
TeamSNS
Established Member

@lavencedora wrote:

Hmmm ... very interesting. Just about two weeks ago, I wrote to the servicer of my mortgage that was foreclosed on in 2009. I asked them to check the reporting on one of my reports that indicated 23,000 past due. The comment actually said that was reported in 2009, but it was still looking a little like a current past due. While I was at it, I asked if there was any way they could consider an early deletion (it's due to fall off in one year) ... They did not respond to the second half, but asked me to dispute directly to the CRA and they would update, which they did. I had half a hope they'd just decide to take it off of there ... but, nah. It's good to know that it could happen in some rare circumstance.  Happy for you. This is wonderful!!!

Hello, actually I also had a 2nd mortgage on the property that foreclosed, and that one is still to this day reporting open with a past due balance.  In my case the 2nd didnt get anything from the foreclosure sale so they are still collecting.  There is a notation that it will turn current in July.  I tried having it deleted early but the CRAs couldnt do it.  So I just have to sit tight for a couple of more months.  So just to be clear, did the CRAs update your TL to show foreclosed with a 0 balance?

Message 13 of 15
TeamSNS
Established Member

@secondnature wrote:

Hello Team SNS!

Congrats!  I am sure that made a big difference in your score!  Yipeee!

So, where did you access a credit report that shows things like this in great detail?  The one I signe d up sor does not go into great depth....

Thanks

Hey sorry for the delay and thanks!  I just went to annualcreditreport.com and obtained a copy from all three bureaus.  I think I went off of Equifax and Experian because they have a detailed payment history on their reports, in which I found them reporting even after the house foreclosed.  As far as score bump, the average between the 3 bureaus was about 40-60 points in a score bump.  

Also keep in mind with Experian and Equifax, you can constantly look at your credit report as long as you retain the credit report number they give you when you first get your reports.  Good luck to you!

Message 14 of 15
Gxo11
Valued Member

Was your expected July deletion from CRA because of your DOFD? Nov 2008 is my DOFD for a foreclosure that began in 2009 with a sale date of Sept 2012. BOA continued to keep it in my name & make tax payments for 3 years. Which date is used for  the time reference for reporting negative information on credit reports? Is it Dofd or foreclosure date? 

Starting Score: EQ 537 TU 580 EX 527
Current Score: EQ 743 TU 704 EX 713
Goal Score: 830

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.