cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreclosure not listed on credit report after 2 years!?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Foreclosure not listed on credit report after 2 years!?!

I foreclosed on my home in October, 2013.  I have checked my credit annually after that to see how it was improving; I have other lines of credit that helped rebuild my credit.  As of January, 2017, my foreclosure is no longer listed on my Experian, Transunion, or Equifax credit reports.  How is it possible that my foreclosure has already been removed from my credit report?  Will lendors see that I foreclosed?  To be clear, the foreclosure and late payment history used to be on my credit history; however, my mortgage account and foreclosure are no longer listed on my credit reports.  Any insight is very helpful!  Thanks.  

3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Foreclosure not listed on credit report after 2 years!?!

@Anonymous wrote:

I foreclosed on my home in October, 2013.  I have checked my credit annually after that to see how it was improving; I have other lines of credit that helped rebuild my credit.  As of January, 2017, my foreclosure is no longer listed on my Experian, Transunion, or Equifax credit reports.  How is it possible that my foreclosure has already been removed from my credit report?  Will lendors see that I foreclosed?  To be clear, the foreclosure and late payment history used to be on my credit history; however, my mortgage account and foreclosure are no longer listed on my credit reports.  Any insight is very helpful!  Thanks.  

If its not reporting then its been removed by the reporting creditor it would not have been removed by the CRA. Lenders can find out info thats not on your CR and if you had the FC you want to disclose it if a new app for mortgage asks you if you have had one. Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply!  Specifically, I will be applying for a federal student loan this summer and I cannot have had a foreclosure in the last 5 years.  So even though it's not on my credit report, I will most likely be declined for the loan since I foreclosed in 2013?

@gdale6 wrote:

If its not reporting then its been removed by the reporting creditor it would not have been removed by the CRA. Lenders can find out info thats not on your CR and if you had the FC you want to disclose it if a new app for mortgage asks you if you have had one. Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the reply!  Specifically, I will be applying for a federal student loan this summer and I cannot have had a foreclosure in the last 5 years.  So even though it's not on my credit report, I will most likely be declined for the loan since I foreclosed in 2013?

@gdale6 wrote:

You have an obligation to report that you have had a FC, I would not be trying to get federal money without the disclosure it would be fraud, so if they say 5 years then you most likely wont be approved for the loan. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.