Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreclosure

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Foreclosure

I had a foreclosure in 2010. I did credit repair and the foreclosure was removed from my credit report. Now I'm thinking about applying for a mortgage. Will the lenders still be able to see the foreclosure even though it is not on my credit report?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Foreclosure

@Anonymous wrote:
I had a foreclosure in 2010. I did credit repair and the foreclosure was removed from my credit report. Now I'm thinking about applying for a mortgage. Will the lenders still be able to see the foreclosure even though it is not on my credit report?

Yes.  It is in the public records which may or may not be on your credit report.

Do NOT fail to mention the foreclosure in your application.  There is a sample mortgage application (this is the form that is used by mortgage lenders) https://www.fanniemae.com/content/practice_case/do-du-case-6-1003.pdf

Make sure to read the entire application and pay special attention to page 3 section VIII where it specifically asks if you have had a foreclosure or deed in lieu in the last 7 years.  

If you don't truthfully answer it is mortgage fraud.  And the lenders do have a way of checking your answers. If they find out you lied on your application not only will they not give you the loan, but there are other more severe consequences too. I am not saying that you would lie on the application at all, just cautioning you to not attempt it. There is a whole quality control department at the lenders designed to catch borrowers that have different answers on their applications than what other records show. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Foreclosure

It depends they can be able to see it but you have to state yes you did have a foreclosure. Lastly its almost 6 years so the foreclosure wont affect you as much as long as its been past 3 years...i had similar experience.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.