Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Former Employer / Over-payment Scenario

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Former Employer / Over-payment Scenario

How did you still got the over payment? Was it deposited directly into your bank account? If it was you might actually have a felony arrest warrant for your arrest in county where you used to live. If you gotten a traffic ticket within last 3 years and didn't get arrested your most likely fine and the company didn't care about the money you got extra. That or they fired the HR person

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they had a reasonable means of contacting you, I would suspect they would spend some time exhausting that before swearing out a warrant. I think the warrant is the least likely. Sure, it's a possibility, but without the whole story, I would seriously doubt it ever got that far. Most companies would just write it off and call it severance. You know better than anyone here whether the situation escalated to the point where they might file charges.

Message 12 of 13
kenspi67
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

How did you still got the over payment? Was it deposited directly into your bank account? If it was you might actually have a felony arrest warrant for your arrest in county where you used to live. If you gotten a traffic ticket within last 3 years and didn't get arrested your most likely fine and the company didn't care about the money you got extra. That or they fired the HR person

It was direct deposited to one of my old accounts .. I highly doubt there is any type of warrant .. I've moved back and forth from Massachusetts to New York (registered, insured multiple vehicles) since then, and obtained a New York State Security license where they do a background check. Also, at my current job which is in the security field they also conduct a thorough background check, finger prints run through the national database etc .. 

April 2015:
Exp:589 | Trans:587 | Equ:587
Present:
Exp:774 | Trans:805 | Equ:780

Garden Date:04/02/2016
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.