Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Found my issue

tag
BGoneDebt
Contributor

Found my issue

I've been trying to figure out why my FICO is so diferent with Equifax than it is with TransUnion and Experian.

One of my tradelines is showing as follows:

DFS/Webbank

Date Opened:               Jul, 2005

Date of Last Activity      Oct 2011

Loan Type                      Charge Account

Credit Limit:                   7000,00

Largest Past Balance  6206.00

Account Type                  Revolving

Description: Charged Odd Account

Account Closed by credit grantor

This account went to collections and was paid in full.  Yes, I know it continues to affect my score BUT, here's my issue:

The "ding" I'm getting on my reports (items that effect you negatively) are: Recent late payment

I haven't had a recent late payment.  2011 was my last late payment with anyone, so while I know it will still be a hit, it shouldn't be a "recent".

When I look at this one account, and I view the 7 year payment history I see: 90+ days late  23 (!) times (Apr 2014......all the way back to June 2012)  when I began paying the collection.

Shouldn't (as the OC) they be reflecting the October 2011 date?  I'm in essence getting hit twice, once as a collection account from June 2012 to April 2014 and once with the OC.

Do I have any grounds to challenge?  or do I just let it age as it's paid and time will lessen the hit anyway.  I'm gardening.  I don't need my scores to change other than for my own personal satisfaction.  But I'm all for disputing if I get to Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU 584 EQ 560 EX 686
Current Score: TU 716 EQ 677 EX 714
Goal Score: 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Found my issue

I believe you can challenge, if its paid it cannot be currently 90 days past due, they can report the past due status up to the date it was paid but not going forward. I would do a direct dispute with the OC and if the CA is reporting a payment history, its illegal and I would dispute it with the CRAs directly. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.