Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Found the Problem with TU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Found the Problem with TU

Ok in another post I was wondering why why TU score was only 655 and my other scores were in the 700's. Well I ran my report from here and saw that I have a baddie on the report from the below: I disputed this over a year ago to all CRA and they all deleted it except for TU. I did have an account with them years ago, however once i got the account i immediatly closed it within the 30 day period and was assured by a customer serivce rep that nothing further would be charged to my account. I dont have that info any longer as this was so many years ago. The other 2 CRA could not verify so they deleted TU keeps verifying.I have also sent CCOA many certified letters and they have not responded. I even sent TU the certified letters that I sent COCA and they still have not removed it

Since i found this yesterday I have filed a report on  sprint and CCOA to the FCC as well as the BBB. Any advice on what else I can do to get this removed?

Please help!

COLLECTION CO OF AMERICA #1733365

700 LONGWATER DR
NORWELL , MA 02061-1624
(800) 455-8026

Balance:
$476 
Date Verified:
12/2008 
Original Balance:
$381
Original Creditor:
11 SPRINT PCS
Past Due:
>$476<
Pay Status:
>Collection Account< 
Account Type:
Open Account 
Responsibility:
Individual Account 

Loan Type: Collection Agency Attorney
Remark: Account information disputed by consumer
Date placed for collection: [ 07/2006]
Estimated date that this item will be removed:   08/2011
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
cajunboy2208
New Contributor

Re: Found the Problem with TU

Call them

(800) 455-8026

Tell them it should of been deleted awhile ago, but it is still on there.

It should be that simple, unless they are showing that it wasn't paid for some reason.

And then if that happens, call the creditor inwhich you paid it off. Ask for the account number and such.

Then you will have to call COLLECTION CO OF AMERICA back, and tell them to contact the creditor in which you paid off the collection, and give them you account number for them. And it should be settled.

Starting Score: 577 01/10/2010
Current Score: 660 07/06/2012
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried that already and they have no record of the account ever being closed. I also called Sprint, and they cant even bring the file up because it was sold to this agency and I cant provide them with the Original account # or phone # . It wont even come up with my SS#. The CA has not repsonded several times to my CMMR DV Letter.
Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Basically this boils down to a disagreement between you and the OC over added charges after the cancellation. Sprint disagreed and sent the debt to the CA (they are bad, IMO) and now your stuck between a rock and a hard place. Right?

If you feel strongly about not owing the money, then open a BBB complaint and see where that goes. Also consider or at least look at filing a complaint with MA's AG (I believe this CA is in MA). That's get the ball rolling I bet. Chances are the BBB and the AG will come back and say that the dispute is between you and Sprint (which it really is), but maybe the added heat against this CA will get them to go away. Include in any complaint that you sent DV letters and include copies if possible.

If this is the same CA I am thinking of, they are a piece of work.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh they are a peice of work.. I have seen so many complaints about these people all over. I filed with the BBB FCC and will also file with the AG as well. I know this is not owed. I can remember calling customer services years ago, and them saying there is a zero balance cause i cancelled within 30 day period. At that time i did write down the supervisors name, but it has been years, so I dont recall that info. When I opened it I even gave them a security deposit and the deposit was refunded because the account was fine. I called TU this AM and they were so nasty. I wanted to ask the rep is she woke up on the wrong side of the bed:-)

It is funny cause when I sent the DV letters out about a year ago and they didnt answer, I sent them again, they didnt answer again so I sent all the info to all 3 reporting agency's and they all deleted except for TU. I am not giving up. I have worked so hard to get my credit where it is today.

Do I contact the AG in the CA's state or mine? Also do I just explain the situation?

Thank you so much!

Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'm certain this is the same CA I dealt with. MA's AG, at least 2 yrs ago, seemed very proactive on going after troubled CAs. I'd start with them. Plus being in MA (meaning the CA) would add extra pressure. I have a thread in here somewhere on these guys for a DV I sent. They are always mum and never reported in my case, but their respose to my DV was stunning. Of course, at least I got a response.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.