Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Franchise Tax Board lien question

tag
Alexander251
New Contributor

Franchise Tax Board lien question

ohhh. im so pissed at myself!

the California franchise tax coard reported a lien in my CR and ruined my 18-month hard work of credit improvement. I went from a 761 to 670 at the blink of an eye. I called them up immediately and agreed to make the payments so they could release the lien which they will but it will stay on my CR with "lien release" status from now on.

my questions are

1- when status changes to "lien released" will my crdit score bump up at least a little or stay the same?

2- in what way can I get it OFF my report after the status changes?. ARE there any ways at all?. any tricks?. any success in the past?

Im upset at myself for letting this one go for too long even though the paperwork sat on my desk.. so damn mad at myself. I have no one but myself to blame for this stupidity and carelessness

thank you

EX 733 (Lender Pulled)
TU 745 (Lender Pulled)
EQ 738 (Lender pulled)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
electra
Established Contributor

Re: Franchise Tax Board lien question

I hear you. I've got three of them, all paid/released.  I have searched everywhere and there doesn't appear to be a way to get them off.  In fact, the clock doesn't start ticking on the time they fall off *until* the lien release date.  I'm not sure if it will help your score to have them show as released (didn't look at my credit reports until way after I had already paid them).    It will, however, help in a manual review of the file.  Looks much better to have them paid vs. unpaid.  

There was a bill a couple years back that got killed which would have made California align to the IRS in that you could request to have it withdrawn once paid.  Wish someone would take that up again. Smiley Sad

Two of mine will fall off this year and the other in 2014.  

Message 2 of 3
Alexander251
New Contributor

Re: Franchise Tax Board lien question

thanks for your answer.

well I may have some sort of a weapon to use in having it be viewed as "filed in error". I have been in divorce for the past three years which has affected the filing/non-filing of individual/separate/married taxes. dispute over my income with my Ex and all my court paperwork might help to show that extensions have been filed in dawn of the divorced to be finalized. I don't know. I'll try to pull that one and see if it'll stick. hopefully someone's in a good mood the day the request lands on his/her desk.

any other advice or methods are welcome. Im all ears.

EX 733 (Lender Pulled)
TU 745 (Lender Pulled)
EQ 738 (Lender pulled)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.