cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Franklin Collections / AT&T - paid but wont remove?

tag
ScottL
New Contributor

Franklin Collections / AT&T - paid but wont remove?

quick question... pulled my recent credit report today and has one collection on it from 2015 from Franklin Collections (for AT&T $167). i paid this in full in 2015 and for some reason at the time they wouldnt delete it off my credit report, would only mark as paid.  So now that its been nearly 2 years, i called them today and basically played dumb. Said i thought guy initially said it would be removed and pulled a report today and its not gone. She said, well we dont usually delete ATT accounts, only mark paid and if guy said he would, i will have to pull the original phone conversation recording and get back to you within 24-48 hours.

so thats where we left off, i am assuming when they pull the phone call, there wont be anything substantial (i dont actually remember the conversation). so my question is... if they dont delete the collection now. do i have any other options at this point? I have already tried disputing it and that didnt work.

Starting Score: 498 (Jan 2013)
Current FICO 8: 687 EQ, 683 TU, 700 EX
Goal Score: 680
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Franklin Collections / AT&T - paid but wont remove?

GW letters
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Parties reporting to a CRA have credit reporting agreements with the CRAs.

One condition of credit reporting agreements is that furnishers agree not to delete their reporting based on payment of the debt.

Thus, they are following the terms of their credit reportiing agreements, and there is no recourse to requiring deletion.

Recourse is to request the debt collector to voluntarily delete by way of a GW request.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's not playing dumb.  It's being dishonest.  Creditors do not have to delete collections even when paid.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.