cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud Alert and Secured Card 7-10 Day Notice... What now?

tag
Chris1228
Contributor

Fraud Alert and Secured Card 7-10 Day Notice... What now?

So I thought it was about time to try and get a Cap 1 Secured, and got the 7-10 Day notice. I immediatly called in and found out there is a fraud alert on my profiles with no contact # so my app is pending and that was the note left on the acct as far as the status went. 

I was able to log into TU and delete the fraud alert, EQ and EX I have written notices ready to go out tomorrow requesting delete.

My question is this.. If they don't delete in time and the Cap 1 App gets denied, how hard is it go apply again without them doing ANOTHER HP? Would it be as easy as calling them and asking them to review my app again, or what should I do?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: Fraud Alert and Secured Card 7-10 Day Notice... What now?

@Chris1228 wrote:

So I thought it was about time to try and get a Cap 1 Secured, and got the 7-10 Day notice. I immediatly called in and found out there is a fraud alert on my profiles with no contact # so my app is pending and that was the note left on the acct as far as the status went. 

I was able to log into TU and delete the fraud alert, EQ and EX I have written notices ready to go out tomorrow requesting delete.

My question is this.. If they don't delete in time and the Cap 1 App gets denied, how hard is it go apply again without them doing ANOTHER HP? Would it be as easy as calling them and asking them to review my app again, or what should I do?

I would call the three CRAs -- if you didn't initiate the fraud alert, they will remove them. Then call back Cap1

I had an issue with fraud alerts when I sent GWs for removing INQs -- it was a pain, but each time just took a phone call

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 7
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

Well, creditors typically consider a pull "current" for x number of days (depending on the company...Im thinkin its average 30-45 days ish).

SO, what I would do, is if that DOES happen, Id fax/call/write into whatever backdoor numbers you can find and ask for a "manual review" or "reconsideration" (youd have to get one of the pros to chime in for the actual terminology). Cite the reason as you explained. Pretty much all youre asking them to do is take another look, that you feel either the denial was an error, or there is now additional information that wasnt available during the initial review.

Message 3 of 7
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

@rckstrscott wrote:

@Chris1228 wrote:

I would call the three CRAs -- if you didn't initiate the fraud alert, they will remove them. Then call back Cap1

I had an issue with fraud alerts when I sent GWs for removing INQs -- it was a pain, but each time just took a phone call

-scott

Sorry...pre-coffee yet again...

I meant to say that I would use the backdoors AFTER it was cleared up of course. Id follow Scott's advice first before doing anything at all with Cap1.

Message 4 of 7
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

FYI......I had the same situation happened to me, I applied for Best Buy MC and didn't get approved for cc because of fraud alert  and my phone number was in in my report. I called in to EQ to report my phone number and then called back to Cap1. They said they have to re-run the another app (anotherHP) and I couldn't apply again for another 90 days.

The fraud alert can't be taken off until you write the CRA a letter to request for that and also you need to include id with that letter as well. Cap1 said the reason they have to run a new app because the original app didn't show my phone number and they can't revised the original app. I hope that helps.

Message 5 of 7
TrishN
Established Contributor

i deleted TU by online. deleted EQ by phone call and deleted Ex by mail. yes its hurt !

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
Message 6 of 7
Chris1228
Contributor

Trish, would you happen to have the number you called for EQ? I couldn't get ahold of a real person to save my life and was about to just mail the request. Thanks!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.