Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud Alert???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fraud Alert???

So I've recently applied for a mortgage. The loan consultant who pulled my credit said there is one minor thing that we need to clear up and that everything else looked just fine. He said there is currently a fraud alert on one of my credit reports. He stated that it appears that someone is running a business out of my apartment building but didn't have much more information other than that it is probably on there because he has an address similar to mine (same just with a different apartment #).  Is this something I should be concerned about? What steps, if any, should I take? How can something like this be placed on the credit report of many people who have nothing to do with the business, except for the fact that it is one 50 apartments with the address of XXX Apt X? Hopefully this will be cleared up VERY quickly or I'm going to be quite irritated as this certainly has nothing to do with me. TIA.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fraud Alert???

Have you read the FTC primer on Identity Theft? There's a section about fraud alerts, and contact information for each of the credit bureaus. I'd suggest calling the bureau that has the fraud alert, and discussing with them what you need to do. Make sure that you get a copy of your report so that you can check it for inaccuracies.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.