Established Member
chicharitta

Freaking Out HELP!!!

I've been poking around the forums for a while and I keep coming across stuff about how even though something falls of your CR doesn't mean a lender can't see it. I'm freaking out about this because the hubby and I really want to buy a house and we have busted out rear ends trying to pay stuff off and improve our scores. I know there is unpaid stuff that has fallen off our reports. We were huge fans of the ostrich method for quite a while. You know stick your head in the sand and ignore it till it goes away. I have no clue what could be lurking and now I'm paranoid that when we do go try to buy a house this stuff will come back to haunt us. What should I do?

4-1-13 My FICO 633
Joined the Garden Club 04-08-13
Regular Contributor
from500to700

Re: Freaking Out HELP!!!

I was told in this fourum that the mortgage will see all unpaid debt even if it falls of the report, they see everything, your best pick as I was advised is to pay them off if you want to get mortgage.

Started :
05/05/2013 EX :525,TU:542,EQ:535
06/21/2014 EX :633,TU:656,EQ:651
In Garden Since 03/16/2013
Will not Apply till 03/31/2015
Will have 0 INQ, No Baddies all will fall , and long relation with CPC and get My Goal : JP Morgan Palladium Card and AMEX Platinum to lead to AMEX Centurion Card.
Established Contributor
cwwatts1202

It's very rate that they look at that, usually if you're wanting a loan more than $150,000 (this is what I've read on here) my husband and I have been speaking with a lender and told them he has two things falling off this year (one fell off tonight) and they didn't say anything about it being an issue (this is for a USDA loan)
Established Member
chicharitta

The problem is I don't have any idea what is there!

4-1-13 My FICO 633
Joined the Garden Club 04-08-13
Established Contributor
cwwatts1202

Rare*
Frequent Contributor
Kathy4NU

chicharitta wrote:
I've been poking around the forums for a while and I keep coming across stuff about how even though something falls of your CR doesn't mean a lender can't see it. I'm freaking out about this because the hubby and I really want to buy a house and we have busted out rear ends trying to pay stuff off and improve our scores. I know there is unpaid stuff that has fallen off our reports. We were huge fans of the ostrich method for quite a while. You know stick your head in the sand and ignore it till it goes away. I have no clue what could be lurking and now I'm paranoid that when we do go try to buy a house this stuff will come back to haunt us. What should I do?

I don't know how much of this is fact.  I think if you are requesting a jumbo loan they can.  I can't imagine someone really going back umpteen million years to dig into your past.  The past 7 years is a very large snapshot of someones credibility.  In fact, some lenders look past collections that are on your report if they are more than a few years old.

June '12: EQ 553 TU 0 EX 545
April '13 Lender Pull EQ 731, EX 692, TU 722 - all FICO

Closed on home May 22, 2013 at 2:00pm!!!
CU Visa $1000, VS $350, Chase Freedom $1000, Discover IT $2500, Home Depot: $2700, Menards $3000, NFM $3500
What's been deleted: 32 collections, 5 PR, 2 tax liens, defaulted student loans
Established Contributor
DiabolicallyRandom

It is rare, only some lenders do it and its only on a loan of 150,000 or more.  If thats a requirement you can always look for another lender that wont require it.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+