Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freecreditreport.com/MyFico.com - discrepancies

tag
poooookah78
Established Member

Freecreditreport.com/MyFico.com - discrepancies

So, I've had a fcr.com account for over a year now and I frequently monitor my credit by refreshing it or receiving alerts.  I was recommended by a poster on these forums that I get myfico.com instead as it gives you your real FICO.

I have both now and after pulling my accounts on each, my Equifax and TU are waaay higher on myfico than on fcr.com.

FCR:

EQ = 573

TU = 594

Myfico:

EQ = 607

TU = 629

What does this mean?  Are the myfico scores more accurate when purchasing a car?  Also, do you guys have a preference of the two?

THANK YOU!!!!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Freecreditreport.com/MyFico.com - discrepancies

@poooookah78 wrote:

So, I've had a fcr.com account for over a year now and I frequently monitor my credit by refreshing it or receiving alerts.  I was recommended by a poster on these forums that I get myfico.com instead as it gives you your real FICO.

I have both now and after pulling my accounts on each, my Equifax and TU are waaay higher on myfico than on fcr.com.

FCR:

EQ = 573

TU = 594

Myfico:

EQ = 607

TU = 629

What does this mean?  Are the myfico scores more accurate when purchasing a car?  Also, do you guys have a preference of the two?

THANK YOU!!!!!

The scores you get from freecreditreport.com are useless. They are not FICO scores and cannot be compared to FICO scores in any way.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 2 of 10
poooookah78
Established Member

So does that mean I need to constantly look at myfico rather than fcr?  Is myfico a true fico score?

Message 3 of 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@poooookah78 wrote:

So does that mean I need to constantly look at myfico rather than fcr?  Is myfico a true fico score?

Yes it is. You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. One place is here at myfico. I suggest you do an internet search for "myfico discount codes" to save a little money. You can also purchase your Transunion score at www.transunioncs.com. I keep reading you can buy your Equifax score at www.equifax.com but I have yet to find the option of buying just a score.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 4 of 10
poooookah78
Established Member

Thanks for the help.

Maybe you can help me then.  I have had fcr for so long I've gotten used to them.

I just got a myfico account today and so far I like it.

The thing I liked most about fcr.com was that I could pull my free report multiple times a month.  Does myfico allow that?  I'm assuming that when I have a change to my fico score itself and I get an alert, I can see the updated fico score for free.  But is this true?  So for example, I have the 12.95 a month thing that gives me EQ.  Can I refresh this report several times a month without having to pay over and over again?

Also, is this a true fico score like used by auto dealers?

THANKS!!!!

Message 5 of 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@poooookah78 wrote:

Thanks for the help.

Maybe you can help me then.  I have had fcr for so long I've gotten used to them.

The thing I liked most about fcr.com was that I could pull my free report multiple times a month.  Does myfico allow that?  I'm assuming that when I have a change to my fico score itself and I get an alert, I can see the updated fico score for free.  But is this true?  So for example, I have the 12.95 a month thing that gives me EQ.  Can I refresh this report several times a month without having to pay over and over again? I've never done any score monitoring so I can't help you there. Hopefully someone else can advise you on that.

Also, is this a true fico score like used by auto dealers? Many auto dealers use what is called a FICO Auto Enhanced Score. You can learn more about that here:

FICO Auto Enhanced Scores

THANKS!!!!

Message 6 of 10
poooookah78
Established Member

Thanks for the reply, but you may have forgotten to post what you wrote  Smiley Tongue  I don't see anything.

Thanks!

Message 7 of 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@poooookah78 wrote:

Thanks for the reply, but you may have forgotten to post what you wrote  Smiley Tongue  I don't see anything.

Thanks!

That's weird. I can see it.  Smiley Very Happy  Here it is again.

@poooookah78 wrote:

Thanks for the help.

The thing I liked most about fcr.com was that I could pull my free report multiple times a month.  Does myfico allow that?  I'm assuming that when I have a change to my fico score itself and I get an alert, I can see the updated fico score for free.  But is this true?  So for example, I have the 12.95 a month thing that gives me EQ.  Can I refresh this report several times a month without having to pay over and over again? I've never done any score monitoring so I can't help you there. Hopefully someone else can advise you on that.

Also, is this a true fico score like used by auto dealers? Many auto dealers use what is called a FICO Auto Enhanced Score. You can learn more about that here:

FICO Auto Enhanced Scores

THANKS!!!!

Message 8 of 10
mauve
Valued Contributor

OP, I gave you detailed info on this in another of your threads an hour ago.  I'm not going to re-type it, but you should check it out.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 10
poooookah78
Established Member

Sorry, I didn't realize.  Thank You!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.