cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freecreditreport.com - refreshing report multiple times a month - bad?

tag
tbque
Valued Contributor

Re: Freecreditreport.com - refreshing report multiple times a month - bad?

No, CCT doesn't show drop of dates either!

Message 11 of 16
poooookah78
Established Member

So, what's a website/service that DOES show drop off dates?

Thanks!

Message 12 of 16
tbque
Valued Contributor

Sorry don't know of any for sure, think myFico might? Others may know?

Message 13 of 16
mauve
Valued Contributor

myFICO does not.

the advantage of myFICO is (drumroll) FICO SCORES.  Quarterly Monitoring of TU gives you a new TU score every 3 months (and a new report every 3 months) and also alerts you to possible fraudulent changes (I've gotten notices for name changes when my middle name was added, for an address change when I moved... all legit, but would be an alert to fraud if they weren't real).  ScoreWatch gives you 2 total reports (one when you start, one at some point in the future) and credit alerts.  Best, though, is that every 7-10 days, if your settings are correct, you get a notice if your score has changed.  NEITHER service will alert you to drop-offs.  I believe either would alert to new collection accounts, and I know SW will alert to changed balances on accounts.  Both services offer a discount on extra reports. 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@poooookah78 wrote:

Interesting.

Just the fact that it is monthly and let's you pull all 3 every day.

Would you recommend it personally over FCR.com?

Just because they refresh every day doesn't mean you'll see any changes everyday.  Keep in mind what's actually going on is all your open accounts update monthly at most some not so much but i won't get into that.  Mostly likely they all may be reporting on different days so what happens is the reporting gets staggered.  Now keep in mind the summary does not reflect changes instantaneous as far as balances go.  It does update more often than monthly i'm just now sure how much so. i'm thinking bimonthly but i could be wrong.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tbque wrote:
Yeah, it's cool but it only gives you info. from one CRA (EX). I use CCT because I can see info. from all three CRA. It depends on what is on which of your reports that you are interested in tracking changes? Have you pulled all 3 of your free reports from annualcreditreport.com yet?

This is very true but what i do is get FCR and myfico and then you get all three (reports).  Plus you get a model fico score from myfico '04 or 98 which as far as I understand '04 still dominates the market.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.