cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freecreditreport.com - refreshing report multiple times a month - bad?

tag
poooookah78
Established Member

Freecreditreport.com - refreshing report multiple times a month - bad?

So, I'm waiting on some changes to my CR and I'm a little impatient.  I find myself refreshing my free report on freecreditreport.com probably about once a week.  I don't know if this is bad or not, I know it never shows up as a hard inquiry and yes, sometimes there are changes that happen before my monthly statement from them.

Has anyone had this same desire to check over and over again?  Is there an easier way?

Thank You!!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
tbque
Valued Contributor

Re: Freecreditreport.com - refreshing report multiple times a month - bad?

I use to subscribe to freecreditreport.com and checked my reports/scores every day and never ever had a problem. I now use Credit Check Total and still pull reports every day. It's only a soft pull, so no worries and thisis the best and simplest way to monitor your credit. Good luck!

Message 2 of 16
poooookah78
Established Member

freecreditreport.com is a good enough service to use, right?  I hear they don't update enough but so far I'm happy.

Message 3 of 16
tbque
Valued Contributor

Yeah, it's cool but it only gives you info. from one CRA (EX). I use CCT because I can see info. from all three CRA. It depends on what is on which of your reports that you are interested in tracking changes? Have you pulled all 3 of your free reports from annualcreditreport.com yet?

Message 4 of 16
poooookah78
Established Member

I pull my 3 once a mont, it costs 25 bucks to do so though and yes, FCR.com only does one for free.

CCT... is that billed monthly?  I can refresh all 3 every day with that one?  Is it very expensive?  I'm VERY VERY interested, thank you!!

Message 5 of 16
tbque
Valued Contributor

CCT is billed monthly it cost $22.95 and yes you can refresh all 3 every day with it. There is a link to a thread that has all the various Credit Monitoring services listed out with their benefits and costs in the credit forum.

Message 6 of 16
poooookah78
Established Member

Interesting.

Just the fact that it is monthly and let's you pull all 3 every day.

Would you recommend it personally over FCR.com?

Message 7 of 16
tbque
Valued Contributor

Yes I would definitely recommend it if you are already paying $25 bucks to pull all three once a month. For the same amount of money you can pull all three daily with CCT!

Message 8 of 16
poooookah78
Established Member

Thank YOU!!

Message 9 of 16
poooookah78
Established Member

Also, does CCT show drop off dates, etc?  freecreditreport.com does not.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.