Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freefall's Credit Repair Journal

tag
Freefall
Regular Contributor

Freefall's Credit Repair Journal

Thought I would start a thread describing my experiances through the whole credit repair journey. Who knows, might be of help to someone else and at least I can have a repository and time line of things Smiley Happy

Starting off with the baddies as of today;

Collection agency                 Cbcs

Original balance                  $216

Current balance                   $36

Date assigned                      Aug 26, 2010

Original lender                     10 Columbia Gas Ohio

Account number                  XXXXXXXX

Account holder                     Individual

Account descriptions          Account information disputed by consumer

*I sent them a PFD last week for $36 and they misread it thinking I am disputing it.........

Collection agency               Prompt Recov

Original balance                  $205

Current balance                   $205

Date assigned                      Sep 10, 2009

Original lender                     01 Time Warner Cable 2

Account number                  XXXXXXXXXXxxxx

Account descriptions          Placed for collection

*Called Time Warner this week and they have no idea why this is on my report.

Collection agency               EOS CCA

Original balance                  $421

Current balance                   $421

Date assigned                      Nov 17, 2010

Original lender                     11 At T Mobility

Account descriptions          Placed for collection

Collection agency               636YC24792

Original balance                  $200

Current balance                   $200

Date assigned                      Nov, 2009

Original lender                     Tmobile

*This I know... I paid the balance in full the day BEFORE it was supposed to go to collections, but they sent it anyway without recording the payment.

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49
Freefall
Regular Contributor

Re: Freefall's Credit Repair Journal

Sent the Following DV letter to EOS CCA today;

To Whom it may concern;

I received your letter claiming I owe you a debt. Per § 809 of the FDCPA, please send me validation of this debt.

Message 2 of 50
Freefall
Regular Contributor

Sent the Following DV letter to EOS CCA today;

To Whom it may concern;

I received your letter claiming I owe you a debt. Per § 809 of the FDCPA, please send me validation of this debt.

Message 3 of 50
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

I had an ATT mobility on there too..

EOS won't respond to your DV, I sent them like 10...

When I got an insider email addy (which I have PMed you) they indicated the account was assigned but they sent it back to ATT -- nearly the same dollar amount and date as yours.. they said they can no longer collect on it and it will be removed..

It was removed from all three credit bureaus.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 4 of 50
Freefall
Regular Contributor

Nice! Thank you very much!

Message 5 of 50
Freefall
Regular Contributor

Sent a PFD letter to CBCS last week (forgot to put it in here...)

Got an alert my report had changed. I got all excited as I thought maybe they had deleted the entry but alas, due to an error on MY part the took the PFD letter as a dispute letter and updated my CR as such.

This weekend I received letter from them with a photocopy of the final bill in question attached. Nothing else, just a short letter with the photocopy. I re-read my PFD letter that I originally copied from here and immediately saw my mistake; The very first line in the PFD letter said "I am disputing this debt". Shoot me now please. Smiley Sad  I guess I will just shoot them another PFD with different language this time.

Lesson Learned; Always proof read before you send. Then read it again. Just before you put the letter in the envelope, READ IT AGAIN and make sure you understand EXACTLY what you are saying and sending and make sure it applies to your situation and what you are trying to accomplish!

Message 6 of 50
Freefall
Regular Contributor

CBCS

Sent a 2nd PFD letter to CBCS last week. Last night I received the following reply;

Client Name: COLUMBIA GAS - OHIO

Client Account #: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Our Account#: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Account Balance: $36.43

We received your dispute regarding the information we furnished about the above referenced account to the consumer reporting agencies, pursuant to 15 U.S.C. § 1681 s-2 of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). Please be advised we have reviewed your dispute and find the dispute does not have enough specific information or facts which would allow us to conduct an investigation. Because your dispute does not have enough specific information to form the basis for an investigation, we are unable to investigate the dispute pursuant to 15 U.S.C. § 1681 s-2(a)(8)(F)(i) of the FCRA.

A dispute made directly to the data furnisher under the FCRA and FTC regulations must include:

(1)  sufficient information to identify the account or other relationship that is in dispute, such as the account number and the name, address, and telephone number of the consumer, if applicable;

(2)  specific information that the consumer is disputing and an explanation of the basis for the dispute; and

(3)  all supporting documentation or other information to substantiate the basis of the dispute. This documentation may include a copy of the relevant portion of the consumer report that contains the allegedly inaccurate information, a police report, a fraud or identity theft affidavit, a court order, or account statements, but could include other items depending on the nature of the dispute.

However, we acknowledge your dispute and have requested that the consumer reporting agencies report the account as disputed. Consumer reporting agencies may take up to thirty (30) days or longer to update credit reports.

Our address for consumer disputes that relate to the information we have furnished to the consumer reporting agencies about your account is:

PO BOX 164089

DEPT. 03

COLUMBUS OH 43216-4089

CBCS

Toll Free: 1-888-413-0093

This communication is from a debt collector and is an attempt to collect a debt.
Any information obtained will be used for that purpose.

In all honesty, I have no idea what they just said or tried to say. In any event I think a very plain and basic PFD letter is next or should I make them fully validate before I PFD (again)??? 

Message 7 of 50
Freefall
Regular Contributor

EOS CCA

Been going round and round with them in email. They don't have enough information based on my email correspondence to locate me in their system. They are now asking for more information and I'm not sure how much or how far to give them Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 50
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

@rckstrscott wrote:

I had an ATT mobility on there too..

EOS won't respond to your DV, I sent them like 10...

When I got an insider email addy (which I have PMed you) they indicated the account was assigned but they sent it back to ATT -- nearly the same dollar amount and date as yours.. they said they can no longer collect on it and it will be removed..

It was removed from all three credit bureaus.

-scott

Can you please elaborate on this. So you are saying you had a TL from EOS stating that they are trying to collect debt that originally belonged to ATT... They could not locate your info so they removed the TL from all 3 bureaus? Can you please PM me the insider email addy you are speaking of.

Message 9 of 50
lovemybabiesx2
Valued Member

I'd like the EOS contact info as well please!!!

Equifax: 470 ( Lender 7/11) 548 (USAA-7/10/13

Experian: 493 (Lender 7/11) ) 588-USAA 7/10/13

TU: starting- 461 (Lender 7/11), 553-USAA 7/10/13- 647 (Walmart 7/15/13)
Vantage Score: 678
GOAL: FICO 650-690 by 12/2013
Message 10 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.