Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freefall's Credit Repair Journal

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Freefall's Credit Repair Journal

@Freefall wrote:

Thought I would start a thread describing my experiances through the whole credit repair journey. Who knows, might be of help to someone else and at least I can have a repository and time line of things Smiley Happy

I did the same thing in my log linked in my sig.  It's neat to go back and look at what worked, what didn't, and how far I've come.  Fun stuff!

Message 11 of 50
Freefall
Regular Contributor

Have been in a holding pattern for the past few days...

To quote Tom Petty... 'The waiting is the hardest part...."   Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 50
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

To the previous posters who asked about my EOS-CCA issue:

They had 2 accounts with my name on it, one was a parking ticket from my hometown, one was an ATT bill. I DV'ed them 10 times, and they never repsonded to me. So I sent an email to someone I dig up through google. They never repsonded to my email, but they sent a letter saying they have given the account back to the OC and they will be removing it.

That was what they told me, and it was gone 2 days later.

In regards to how much information to give them, since it was listed on my credit report, I gave them my address and the account number as reflected on the report, and the balance.. I didn't give them my social.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 13 of 50
3darcher2
New Contributor

I need the EOS CCA email too please.  I have the dreaded ATT Mobility from them as well.

Message 14 of 50
Freefall
Regular Contributor

Finally something starting to happen...

Got a letter stating;

"Dear Freefall,

Out client, AT&T Mobility, placed the above reference account with our office on 11/17/2010. The account has since been closed and returned to the client, and as such, our office will not contact you any further. We have notified the credit bureaus to delete the above reference account from their records."

So if I understand this correctly, this CA bailed on the account, turned it back to the OC. Now the OC will just find another CA to give it to or what happens next????

Message 15 of 50
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

They'll ship it to someone else, if not already.

IMO, I'd PIF now. Otherwise it is like playing whack-a-mole with CAs. From personal experience with a former AT&T debt, they'll assign and eventually you'll experience some CAs like Mitchell N Kay law firm, AFNI, EOS-CCA, and others. It becomes increasingly difficult to fight them and removing them will become increasingly difficult. It got to a point that none of them would accept my PFD offers.

Message 16 of 50
Freefall
Regular Contributor

Thanks llecs!

Message 17 of 50
Freefall
Regular Contributor

This CBCS charge of $36 has just been nagging at me. Im not sure if it is because it is the newest or it's just $36....

Called the OC and they only assigned the account to the CA, the OC is willing to accept the payment!! She asked (jokingly if I needed to make payment arrangements to cover the full balance hahah).

I think just to cover my butt, I will include a letter explaining the conversation I had with the rep when I send in the check. I don't want to pay this and then have it still stuck on my CR with the CA....

Message 18 of 50
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

They'll ship it to someone else, if not already.

IMO, I'd PIF now. Otherwise it is like playing whack-a-mole with CAs. From personal experience with a former AT&T debt, they'll assign and eventually you'll experience some CAs like Mitchell N Kay law firm, AFNI, EOS-CCA, and others. It becomes increasingly difficult to fight them and removing them will become increasingly difficult. It got to a point that none of them would accept my PFD offers.

EOS-CCA never validated mine, I got the same message as OP. There is no way I am going to pay it if it never validated. I never even had a ATT account lol

I hope it doesn't bounce.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 19 of 50
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@rckstrscott wrote:

I never even had a ATT account lol

Certainly never pay a debt that's not yours (he says as he directs this statement to anyone that reads it)...If I never did business with AT&T or any of the companies it purchased through the likes Cingular, Bell South, SBC, etc., then I wouldn't pay a dime no matter what. I'd call the police and use the police report to get it off.

ETA...stupid HTML code.

Message 20 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.