Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fresh Collection, still hasn't hit my reports yet

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fresh Collection, still hasn't hit my reports yet

Received a letter tody from TRANSWORLD SYSTEMS INC for a Collection of $348. Letter was dated 12/15 and it has not hit my reports yet.

I do know the debt is valid. It was for a traffic ticket that I made a payment on and assumed would be a recurring charge, but was obviously wrong.  

Should I call the CA and pay it in full before they report it? Would that still mean they can report it? That may seem like the quickest and easiest option.

Any opinions? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fresh Collection, still hasn't hit my reports yet

Call and offer to pay in full on condition that they don't report it to the credit bureaus.
Message 2 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Call and offer to pay in full on condition that they don't report it to the credit bureaus.

Agreed

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Received a letter tody from TRANSWORLD SYSTEMS INC for a Collection of $348. Letter was dated 12/15 and it has not hit my reports yet.

I do know the debt is valid. It was for a traffic ticket that I made a payment on and assumed would be a recurring charge, but was obviously wrong.  

Should I call the CA and pay it in full before they report it? Would that still mean they can report it? That may seem like the quickest and easiest option.

Any opinions? 

They *can* report it, but normally they will not, because it costs them money to do so. Most CA's will give a 30 day grace period to pay up, with no reporting of the collection.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know it's late but I just felt I should update in case anyone in the future has the same questions:

After trying to get an answer out of them, The rep told me that they still legally can report the debt. I paid anyways, and it never showed up. Guess I got lucky
Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The recent consent agreement between the CRAs and the office of the AG for New York State included the provision that traffic tickets would not be included in consumer credit reports.

If it does appear, request deletion based on the consent agreement.

Message 6 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Glad it never showed up. Paying it was good to do anyway though. At least you don't have to worry about it.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.