cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From $0 to $23K in 10 weeks REVISED!

tag
kugel
Valued Contributor

Re: From $0 to $23K in 10 weeks REVISED!

Before getting the QS visa u had a pre approval ?
Is signature visa or plain visa?
Message 21 of 27
kugel
Valued Contributor

Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. This is awesome and inspirational! Can I ask what score u started out with and where u are now? Ur story gives me a lot of hope.
Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Wow. This is awesome and inspirational! Can I ask what score u started out with and where u are now? Ur story gives me a lot of hope.

Sure! When I started taking my credit seriously again last summer I was in the low-mid 500's and my current scores are in my siggy except that my TU score jumped to 693 yesterday and I can't for the life of me figure out why but I'll take it. I'm finally in the YELLOW with that one.

I started with a Credit Repair firm and spent about $600 for both my wife and I. I had not found this forum at that point and all they did was dispute everything. Once I found this forum I cancelled them and started taking my destiny in my own hands. I have been able to get EE's across the board on some items and that has made the biggest impact on my scores (along with opening and maintaining several new accts). IF I had it to do over again I would never have spent a dime on the CR people. One can buy an awful lot of paper and stamps with $600 and now I know that you can do online disputes without even expending money on them so that's probably what they did too.

Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

So happy to read these posts! I am like you were in the beginning! I read as much as I could before even logging onto here! I have since applied for and been approved for Cap One Plat & QS1! Can't wait to get my credit up!!

Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So happy to read these posts! I am like you were in the beginning! I read as much as I could before even logging onto here! I have since applied for and been approved for Cap One Plat & QS1! Can't wait to get my credit up!!

Your scores aren't as bad as some of ours were when we started so you are a bit ahead of the game now.

Here are a couple of threads I started (and there are many others) about what to do with those Cap1 CC's. Read them fully and understand how to use them and they will pay in SPADES!!!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Cap1-Platinum-Upgrade-after-1st-Statement/m-p/4467249

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/60-days-in-Cap1-1000-CLI-s/m-p/4490054#M474093

Message 26 of 27
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

We sometimes have an overzealous spam filter that removes posts that are not spam. If you have posts that disappear or never appear just PM an active mod and ask that they look in the spam quarantine for your post. 

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.