Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From 500's to a home loan.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

From 500's to a home loan.

I recently applied for a home loan not knowing there were medical bills lurking in the background as collections, (4 of em, sound familiar anyone?) I've been unable to find anyone building their credit while unable to pay off such collections (10k) where its right on the edge of being able to apply for bankruptcy or not. I've long watched my fico and wanted to update my progress here.

Equifax 530

Experian 630

Transunion 558

All lender pulled.

MyFICO say's my equifax is 620, so there's a 90 point gap between myFICO and reality. My goal is to get my middle score to 620 to apply for a home loan in the next 12 months.

Currently paid all accounts on time for the last 5 months

2 credit cards 

capital one 500 CL (opened march 2014)

capital one quicksilver 3k CL (opened october 2014)

one car loan, last 6 payments on time.

Plan- pay after bill cuts keeping all accounts under 30% utilization.

I'll update after 6 mo to show progress and show how accounts have gone up over time and by what rate.

6 months later: 

fico 4 for transunion 583                                up 25 points since last october
fico 2 for experian    671                                up 41 points since last october
fico 5 for equifax      556                                 up 3 points since february

Shows by paying all bills on time over 6 months after paying off all collections accounts on account your score CAN rises an average of 23 points.
I intend to purchase a home. Using this formulae I can apply for a home loan with a middle 620 credit score in 18 months after paying the last collection (Summer 2016 in this case)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: From 500's to a home loan.

Hey best wishes

Message 2 of 3
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Re: From 500's to a home loan.

Welcome and Congrats on beginning your journey. Congrats on the QS 3K too Smiley Wink

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.