Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From 600middle to 660 middle

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

From 600middle to 660 middle

I know there are many reasons, ways, & methods, but------ In broad terms, and generally speaking, how long could one assume it would take to bring a middle score of 600, up to at least 660? Could be done In 2 years, Yes? No? or is it immpossible to even venture a guess? Fairly new bee thanks you.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: From 600middle to 660 middle

It really depends on the reason your scores are at 600. It's possible to see huge improvements in weeks while others may take several months or longer.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fused, I am wanting to refinace mortgauge in 2 years. Have low scores. Got a high intrest loan last year. light years over prime. 11% actually. Am trying to clean up credit. Many new inq. new ccs, . Most all the bad stuff is very old and due to fall off by christmas.Then i would only have one paid collection to gw. And in 2 years time inq. will be pretty much gone. i was hoping that one could go from say, 600 to 660 in 2 years. I just want a lower intrest rate, and the bit lower monthly pmt. with it. This is one of those what if things. i see, it is unique to each person, and dang near immpossible to figure.
Message 3 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

A 60 point gain can easily happen within two years, heck even a few months.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went up about 30 points in 4 months.  But from the information you gave, I'm having a hard time understanding why your score is so low in the first place- did you say you only have 1 negative tradeline, and it's old?  It sounds like your utilization is high.  If so, paying down your utilization should really help your score.  I was at nearly 100% utilization and am now at 7%- I think that's how I got my 30 points.  And by the way, I have WAY more delinquencies than one.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did 200 points in a year-
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

How the heck did you jump so high?  Goodwill letters?  Utility?  That's the biggest jump I've heard yet.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.