Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From 642 to 702 by removing one paid collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

From 642 to 702 by removing one paid collections

I'm posting this because I literally had no idea such a small action could have such a huge difference. Got my scores off creditchecktotal. Right now I'm sitting at 702 Experian / 620 TransUnion / 622 Equifax. I had a paid collections for a $203 phone bill on all three. I disputed it on all three, the other two are still processing but apparently Experian is lightning fast with their dispute process, they completed it in like 24-48 hours and that's why my score shot up to 702. I'm hoping that the other two bureaus will remove it and curious to see what they'll hit.

I've been clueless and intiminated by this so I want to share my experience so someone else who doesn't know the huge impact one collections has on your score can learn from me.

I am curious, if anyone knows, is Experian legitmately lightning fast at handling disputes overall or did I just personally have a quick experience?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: From 642 to 702 by removing one paid collections

They can be quick. I think it depends. I've had them respond within 2 days before.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.