cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From Adverse Account to Account in Good Standing.

tag
Supernatural
Valued Member

From Adverse Account to Account in Good Standing.

My credit was really badly damage in 2005 and 2006 from medical bills and unpaid credit cards due to me losing my job.  I have been monitoring my credit recently trying to rebuild it and wait for all of the collections to fall off, most of which will fall off by October of this year.  When I first started the process of rebuilding one of my previous credit cards from HSBC showed as "closed at credit grantor's request paid as agree/120 days past due"  this was in the adverse accounts in the negative account sections of the credit report.  Today I got a new report and it showed the HSBC card in the good standing section and listed it as "closed/paid never late"  which isn't true I always paid my bill until I lost my job I was never late but after that I never paid anything on it or any of my other bills.  I know this should be a good thing that I have an account showing positive but I am concerned because HSBC was schedule to fall off of my credit report  in May of this year but now that it is listed in the good standing accounts section it will remain on my credit report till 2016.  Is it possible for HSBC to do another switch a roo to have the negative show back up on the report a few months down the line?  I don't want to rock the boat because it improved my credit score by 22 points but I also don't want it to come back and bit me.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: From Adverse Account to Account in Good Standing.

@Supernatural wrote:

My credit was really badly damage in 2005 and 2006 from medical bills and unpaid credit cards due to me losing my job.  I have been monitoring my credit recently trying to rebuild it and wait for all of the collections to fall off, most of which will fall off by October of this year.  When I first started the process of rebuilding one of my previous credit cards from HSBC showed as "closed at credit grantor's request paid as agree/120 days past due"  this was in the adverse accounts in the negative account sections of the credit report.  Today I got a new report and it showed the HSBC card in the good standing section and listed it as "closed/paid never late"  which isn't true I always paid my bill until I lost my job I was never late but after that I never paid anything on it or any of my other bills.  I know this should be a good thing that I have an account showing positive but I am concerned because HSBC was schedule to fall off of my credit report  in May of this year but now that it is listed in the good standing accounts section it will remain on my credit report till 2016.  Is it possible for HSBC to do another switch a roo to have the negative show back up on the report a few months down the line?  I don't want to rock the boat because it improved my credit score by 22 points but I also don't want it to come back and bit me.

The adverse account that turned positive will stay on your credit report for up to ten yrs from date closed. HSBC can't put it back to a adverse account. adverse accounts stay like that for 7 yrs per FCRA. If you have multiple lates than each one will fall off and turn positive from each occurance.

Message 2 of 4
Supernatural
Valued Member

So if I understand this correctly all of the negative accounts that will fall off this year will remain on my credit report but just as a positive?  Sorry to be such a noob but how will that affect my overall score?  Is it a good thing that they are staying on my report?   

Message 3 of 4
DaBears
Senior Contributor

If it's a collection it will be removed 7-7.5 yrs from Dofd. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.