Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From a foreclosure to a short sale

tag
dougnukem
New Contributor

From a foreclosure to a short sale

I was able to sell my home as a short sale, preventing the foreclosure.  I understand there is a 60 day window after it is reported  that it will update.  It originally showed as foreclosure, and this is where it sits currently for TU and EQ

TU- Balance $0   Status- 120+ days past due

Descriptions:  Accounts paid; foreclosure started

EQ- Balance $0  Status- 120+ days past due

Descriptions: Fannie Mae Account, Account paid for less than full balance

Are either of these reading correctly?  I've been denied auto loans for foreclosure and my house was not foreclosed on, so I'm curious where this should stand.  

I do realize the credit score hit of short sale is quite close to foreclosure, but wording and statuses still mean quite a bit too.  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: From a foreclosure to a short sale

The second one seems to be correct.  A short sale isn't listed on your CR as such, rather it is listed settled for less.

Message 2 of 3
dougnukem
New Contributor

Re: From a foreclosure to a short sale

That seemed like the more logical description in my mind as well.  Thanks again for your input.  Smiley Happy

Now if I could get lucky and get them to clear out the 18 months of 120 days lates that are on there from when the foreclosure started until when I sold it.....

( they refused any payment unless it was for the full balance during this period)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.