cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From a waste of time to the man who has everything!!!

tag
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

From a waste of time to the man who has everything!!!

In January, after 6 months of light effort to repair my credit, I posted in this forum saying a 15 point increase in 6 months had been a waste of time.

I started working harder at fixing the past, and now 5 months later things have changed greatly. My scores are now 696 on experian, 665 transunion, and 686 on equifax.

During these five months, I have added about $40,000 worth of open credit card lines, including accounts with NFCU, 2 American Express cards, and Pnc bank. When I first started my rebuild, I had 1,800.

I refinanced my home from 5.375 down to 3.375.

Last week I applied for a $30,000 car loan. It was instantly approved for $36,000 @ 3.34% for 72 months.

2 lessons I learned through this rebuild are to stay focused on your goal, and NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH CAPITAL ONE. Capital one is the DEVIL.

THIS WAS DEFINITELY NOT A WASTE OF TIME. I now have everything I wanted, and I have them at respectable rates.
Last app 1/2/2017.
In the garden until at least 6/2/2017.
8 REPLIES 8
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: From a waste of time to the man who has everything!!!

Nice!

Garden that auto loan for 6 months and you may break 700's on all 3   :]

Message 2 of 9
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

Actually I have my last collection acct on eq and ex about to be removed. TU will still have one old med collection. I'm expecting that removal to take those scores over 700
Last app 1/2/2017.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations. Hearing success stories like this gives me hope that one day I will make it to the 700 club.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your success!

I'm interested in hearing more about this:

@jdxprs1 wrote:

NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH CAPITAL ONE. Capital one is the DEVIL.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is awesome! Congratulations! You worked hard on fixing your situation and your success shows!

I'm also just starting my process of fixing my mistakes and your story is a welcome dose of encouragement. Thank you for sharing. 

Message 6 of 9
elim
Senior Contributor

@jdxprs1 wrote:
Actually I have my last collection acct on eq and ex about to be removed. TU will still have one old med collection. I'm expecting that removal to take those scores over 700

My last ones were worth about 60 points   :]   GL!

Message 7 of 9
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

In 2012 I closed 2 capital one accounts before my annual fees hit.

4 years later I find out the accounts were never closed. They rang up annual fees and late fees for 9 months (by law should of had to charge off after 6 months).

They held the debts instead of sending them to collections so they could report over 30 days late every month for 5 years. This b.s. Alone was costing my scores around 50 points on each cra.
Last app 1/2/2017.
Message 8 of 9
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@elim wrote:

@jdxprs1 wrote:

My last ones were worth about 60 points   :]   GL!

Elim:

Did you used to have a tax lien? I vaguely remember you having one for the longest time... 

Would that be the baddies your referring to for the 60+ points?

Just curious.

-J

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.