Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frontier Communications PFD Success

tag
titanofold
Established Contributor

Frontier Communications PFD Success

I mailed off 3 rounds of PFDs to Frontier Communications with the final letter offering PIF. I don't know which address did the trick, but I sent PFDs to the executives, and to the Collection Manager at the address on my CR. According to my CR and the last phone call I made to them, I was supposed to pay them $381.49.

I just got a letter in the mail today from Frontier Communications from an address I never sent the letters to, so obvioiusly my letter got routed to the correct location. They thanked me for my letter, are happy to assist me in paying off the account, and instructions on where to send payments.

There is a bit of history here, too, in regards to activity on my account.

Your Frontier account was suspended by Collections on 04/23/12 and was permanently disconnected on 07/05/13. The order to permanently disconnect service should have been backdated to 04/23/13. The result would have credited $111.83 leaving a balance due of $269.77. Once payment is remitted in full for $269.77 Frontier will remove the debt from the credit reporting agencies.

I'm guessing that the 04/23/13 and 07/05/13 are supposed to be 04/23/12 and 07/05/12, respectively, but whatever. I have a cashier's check in hand that's can't wait to be dropped off at the post office!

This CO was last updated September 2012. So, it should result in a significant bump for me.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
titanofold
Established Contributor

Re: Frontier Communications PFD Success

I'm going to include a copy of the letter along with my payment as well as a letter of my own stating that I am paying in full with the amount as listed by the letter.

Should I also emphasize the "remove the debt" part?

My letter to send along with the payment:

To whom it may concern,

Enclosed is a cashier’s check issued by titanofold's Bank to Frontier Communications in the amount of $269.77 to pay the above account in full.

Also enclosed is a letter verifying that the full amount due is $269.77, and that, upon payment, information regarding this debt will be removed from the credit reporting agencies.

Sincerely,

titanofold

Scores2013-09-21Current
Message 2 of 7
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats!!! Well done

Message 3 of 7
titanofold
Established Contributor

@alvon123 wrote:

congrats!!! Well done

Thanks!

Scores2013-09-21Current
Message 4 of 7
titanofold
Established Contributor

Just pulled an updated report today from FreeCreditReport.com and Frontier Communications UPDATED the acount to 'Paid, was a charge-off'. I've lost 13 points given the recent activity.

I was expecting this, though, and I'm going to write a letter to the person who agreed to delete the TL along with the proof of receipt, the proof of the check being cleared, and all that good stuff.

And I'm going to handwrite the letter since I've got these new, fancy fountain pens with fancy inks!

Scores2013-09-21Current
Message 5 of 7
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a frontier charge off as well. I am wanting to write a goodwill but nervous they will just re age the account. Did they ever follow through and remove it?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.