Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frontier Communications STILL REPORTING 2 years later

tag
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Frontier Communications STILL REPORTING 2 years later

Back in 2014 I paid a 74 dollar charge off with a pay for delete given to me via email (still have all the correspondence).  The last e-mail I received from them stated "This was escalated up to the credit bureau on 5/8/14.  It’s in their hands now.   Here are the numbers if you want to call them directly and have those items removed immediately from your credit report." A lot happened in between then and now but I am back on my financial tract and this is still reporting. I am attempting to email this same representative back regarding the matter... any other suggestions to get this dang thing off my credit reports? 

RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Frontier Communications STILL REPORTING 2 years later

It looks like they improperly passed the buck to the CRA back when the promised deletion was not made.

The CRAs have a published policy, clearly stated in both their standard credit reporting manual in in their credit reporting agreements, that creditors are not to delete derogs based on the consumer having paid the debt.  The CRAs have that policy to preserve the completeness, and thus value, of credit reports they sell.  It is not prohibited by any provision of law.

A creditor can, nonetheless, still report deletion of derogs, as any deletion does not require the furnisher to provide any reasons.

However, by asking you to puruse with the CRA, you will be forced to state that it was an agreed PFD, and thus your own pursuit will inform the CRA that it is for a reason that is contrary to their own policy.

I would not contact the CRA and request a deletion based on the creditor's promise of a pay for deletion.

Rather, I would inform the creditor that their lack of a reported deletion is a breach of their (I assume oral) contract with you, and give them 30 days to report deletion.

If they fail to comply, I would inform them of your intent to sue for breach of contract.

Message 2 of 8
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Thank you, that is what I figured (that referring me to the CRA was rediculous because PFD is against their practices), I emailed the representative that I had previously had contact with, also who was the one that confirmed the deletion.  No response yet, should I attempt to contact someone higher up?

RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 3 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Yes, someone in their executive offices.

Additionally, lack of follow-thru on a promised action can be treated as a poor or deceiving business practice, and basis for a complaint to your local BBB.

If informal attempts have failed, then you can always file a civil complaint for breach of contract.

Message 4 of 8
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Great, I have e-mailed a few of the people in the EO. Thanks, I will provide an update as soon as I receive a response. 

RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 5 of 8
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

So great. Received an email back today from the original representative I was dealing with. They're removing the reporting from all three bureaus. Smiley Happy win!
RE-BUILD 2.0
Message 6 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@ThetoriParadox wrote:
So great. Received an email back today from the original representative I was dealing with. They're removing the reporting from all three bureaus. Smiley Happy win!

Great, follow up after 60 days to make sure its done.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you tell.me what email address you used to get in communication with someone? I can't seem to find anything to contact them besides email and I also have a charge off with them Smiley Sad
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.