Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frontier/Verizon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Frontier/Verizon

I had an old Fios account reporting a balance. I'd returned equipment and they were still billing me, I contacted them trying to PFD but all they did was update the balance. They then sold the account to Frontier. I filed a BBB complaint and they called me, stating if I paid it they would delete it and they would include that in their response to BBB. Well the BBB response just said I wanted to pay a balance and did so. I rejected the response. If they play crazy, what should I do? Can they even delete a Verizon account?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Frontier/Verizon

@Anonymous wrote:
I had an old Fios account reporting a balance. I'd returned equipment and they were still billing me, I contacted them trying to PFD but all they did was update the balance. They then sold the account to Frontier. I filed a BBB complaint and they called me, stating if I paid it they would delete it and they would include that in their response to BBB. Well the BBB response just said I wanted to pay a balance and did so. I rejected the response. If they play crazy, what should I do? Can they even delete a Verizon account?

Yes, Frontier purchased the Verizon FIOS business (or at least part of it) along with all of the accounts and are now considered the "OC". They can choose to delete the reporting at this point.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had Verizon deleted from my EQ and TU. Dispute it with the CRAs. Since it was sold, Verizon has absolutely no access to it and will delete it. This was recommended to me by their credit department and sure enough, it was deleted in a few days.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be mindful that Frontier can put it back on your reports since they do own the account now. I would pay them after Verizon deletes, but before they get the chance to report. .
Message 4 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Be mindful that Frontier can put it back on your reports since they do own the account now. I would pay them after Verizon deletes, but before they get the chance to report. .

+1

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! I'll let you know the end result
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I rejected their BBB response and they replied that they were going to delete and they did. Only PRA left
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.