Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Froze all 3 CB Reports

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Froze all 3 CB Reports

I realize im just unable to control myself from apping for new credit, so for the next 24 months my files are froze until i establish a good payment and credit history that is acceptable for lenders in the future to accept me.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Froze all 3 CB Reports

@LS2982 wrote:

I realize im just unable to control myself from apping for new credit, so for the next 24 months my files are froze until i establish a good payment and credit history that is acceptable for lenders in the future to accept me.

Awsome!  It worked for me.  I have no inquiries on my TU.  I'll have 1 inquiry left on EX after August 2011.  EQ will have about 4 after October 2011. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:

I realize im just unable to control myself from apping for new credit, so for the next 24 months my files are froze until I establish a good payment and credit history that is acceptable for lenders in the future to accept me.

Very smart move on your part!!!

I am most likely going to do the same, I already have EQ locked, just one other CC I really want, and that app all depends on my re-review of my AmEx Clear (which will be backdated to 91 if approved) if its approved, I am thinking heavily about apping for the USAA World Master Card, I have read many posts from members with scores like mine and very low util (mine is now at 1%) getting VERY high CL's.

I will have to unfreeze EQ if I decide to app for this CC, but that's as simple as a touch of a button on my Droid X (I have the EQ app and the EQ ID Patrol, which allows me to lock and unlock my EQ report as often as I want).

Wishing you the Best of Luck!

Message 3 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@DI wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Awsome!  It worked for me.  I have no inquiries on my TU.  I'll have 1 inquiry left on EX after August 2011.  EQ will have about 4 after October 2011. 

I think looking forward to the good results that will come will motivate me to bust ass and make my 3 CC's stay within 9% and get the remaining 3 baddies off. If i really think about it $1800 is plenty of credit to work with for now. Good things will come when i've earned them.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

I realize im just unable to control myself from apping for new credit, so for the next 24 months my files are froze until I establish a good payment and credit history that is acceptable for lenders in the future to accept me.

I am most likely going to do the same, I already have EQ locked, just one other CC I really want, and that app all depends on my re-review of my AmEx Clear (which will be backdated to 91 if approved) if its approved, I am thinking heavily about apping for the USAA World Master Card, I have read many posts from members with scores like mine and very low util (mine is now at 1%) getting VERY high CL's.

I will have to unfreeze EQ if I decide to app for this CC, but that's as simple as a touch of a button on my Droid X (I have the EQ app and the EQ ID Patrol, which allows me to lock and unlock my EQ report as often as I want).

I'm trying to limit access to them (CB reports) so I let my mom pick the PINS for them. It's time to kick back and let history build itself and reap the rewards 2 yrs from now.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Where you get this?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.