cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated - EQ went down 18 points... please help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Frustrated - EQ went down 18 points... please help!

So I disupted three of my charge off... after I guess they updated the account w/ showing it was a charge off and account was transferred-- my score went down 18 points? is that possible? 

Two accounts with Wells Fargo:

• Consumer Disputes - Reinvestigation In Progress ---> Account Transferred Or Sold Charged Off Account Credit Card

One with First Preimer:

• Consumer Disputes - Reinvestigation In Progress Amount In High Credit Is Original Charge-Off Amount---->Charged Off Account Credit Card Amount In High Credit Is Original Charge-Off Amount

Please give me some hope and guidance... 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Frustrated - EQ went down 18 points... please help!

I would appreciate your guidance. 

Message 2 of 8
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

Good morning!

Yes it's possible. Anytime you dispute and they update with negative info it will cause a drop. Don't continue to dispute if the info is accurate. The only things you can do is pay or wait until the debts are out of Statute of Limitations then begin negotiations to settle for less. You could negotiate now but as long as they're within SOL, they could still take action on the remaining debt.

Be patient, someone will provide other advice. Good luck with your journey!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes I noticed a temporary drop while something was in dispute.   Even if the dispute didn't change anything....then the score rebounded when the dispute comments were taken back off.   

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Updated accounts may cause a drop in points

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for responding... I wonder how i can get these accoutns off my reprot. They are fully paid years ago with zero balances. I just dont want them reporting on my credit report. 

How do I find out the date they will fall off?

Message 6 of 8
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

Order your reports directly from the credit burueas. Then search for goodwill letters. If they are falling off soon, no need for the letters. You are aware they fall off 7 years plus up to 180 days after the date of first delinquency?

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for responding... I wonder how i can get these accoutns off my reprot. They are fully paid years ago with zero balances. I just dont want them reporting on my credit report. 

How do I find out the date they will fall off?

Your free reports from annualcreditreport.com will show drop off dates or DoFD for EQ.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.