cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated!!!! Late payments showing AFTER paid in full!

tag
golfingmama
New Contributor

Re: Frustrated!!!! Late payments showing AFTER paid in full!

ive disputed, DV and GW'd them to death!! lol with no luck Smiley Sad

wfnnb says their records are current and are not showing being late, but myfico & experian reports say otherwise so im literallt pulling my hair out=UGH

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a suggestion--

Contact the OC and ask them to send you a full statement of the account. When you receive that statement, it should clearly indicate when the account was paid and closed. Do two things:

1. Send an "OC Letter" to the OC (you can search this forum for an example) with a copy (as silly as this may sound) of the statement of the account with the "paid/closed" portion highlighted, and a copy of the relevant portion of your credit report (their misreporting highlighted). You can inform then that by misreporting they are in violation fo the FCRA. Send the letter to the Corporate HQ, CMRR.
  2. Send a written dispute to the CRAs reporting, with the exact same evidence as above (proof that the account was paid & closed in 2006). Send your dispute Certified mail.

IF the account is not corrected (or removed entirely, as the case may be) wait until the CRA investigation is completed, and send them (certified mail) a MOV letter (search the forum for an example). Wait 15 days, and if it's not corrected or removed....

SUE THEM! But, don't just take them to small claims court. Hire a consumer attorney who will extract their outrageous legal fees from the defendants.

ETA: Sue both the original creditor and the CRA reporting.

Message 12 of 15
o1977
New Contributor

That sounds like a plan!  I will wait until I get an answer from my last letter.  Thank you so much for that input!  Have a great weekend!

Equi:
4/9/10 = 521
8/3/10 = 564
9/16/10 = 578
11/7/10 = 612
11/24/10 = 641

Message 13 of 15
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

I had a similar issue with a different bank.  I wrote a letter an stated that my requests for accurate reporting, which theirs is not, fell on deaf ears and that they are now guilty of WILLFULLY violation the FCRA.  I drafted a lawsuit filing and sent it to them with an ITS. I also sent the ITS to all 3 CRAs saying that they were included because they were willful co-conspirators in the fraudulent reporting as any human being with a brain at the CRA could see that I could not be 90 late in 2006 when the account was PIF in 2004!  I demanded deletion.

Within 24 hours I had calls from the legal departments at the OC and 2 of the 3 CRAs!!! (This means they KNEW that I had them ALL by the shorthairs!!!!)

I didn't get a deletion.  I got a CLEAN TL out of it!   Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 15
o1977
New Contributor

Whooo hooo that is encouraging.  I hope this letter works but if not.  You both have given me my next step.  Thank you soo much!

Equi:
4/9/10 = 521
8/3/10 = 564
9/16/10 = 578
11/7/10 = 612
11/24/10 = 641

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.