Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated - medical collections

tag
mauve
Valued Contributor

Frustrated - medical collections

I have 4 medical collections posting for the same OC, 2 different CA's.  Prior to knowing about the HIPAA process, I sent both CAs PFDs.  The first, which had 1 posting, sent me Dunnings for 3 separate amounts, one of which was reporting.  I called the OC and paid them for those amounts.  The 2nd CA sent me back a list of the 3 that were on my CR plus 1 that was not and the dates of service on all of them.  The difference?  CA 1 has the newer stuff, all the stuff I have with the 2nd CA is from 2004 & 2005.  I sent them a second PFD for the new amount.  Mailed 2/22, signed for 3/2.  I just called the OC again, and I gave them the date of the earliest one.  She said it's not with their office, that I'd have to contact CA 2, and that there was no way I could pay the OC for it.  What is my next step?  I can't claim HIPAA at all anymore, right?  Do I re-work my PFD and send it again?  It would be so frustrating to pay this and have it update to "Paid", refreshing its score impact until they individually drop off next year and the year after.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: Frustrated - medical collections

Oh, also, their response was just a printed list of dates and amounts and the OC, which doesn't count as validation, if I remember right from reading here.

Message 2 of 4
mauve
Valued Contributor

Is there a risk in trying HIPAA process with this, or maybe should I send a follow-up DV letter (since their accounting doesn't really constitute validation, since they didn't provide documentation of the debt tying it to me, just a list of the amounts and dates), or perhaps another PFD?

Message 3 of 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I would use the HIPAA letter program.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.