cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated, multiples on report, any help on a good DV Letter?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Frustrated, multiples on report, any help on a good DV Letter?

well hi everyone i havent been on for a while beacuse well basically down in the dumps. im tired of not even being able to get a secured card tored of not accomplishing my goals and dreams. so here it is i pulled my report and noticed that there was two CA's that are reporting on one of my reports. same amount same account number and everything two differant CA's. i dont know how to go about fixing that situation. in the last month i applied for a fingerhut card and got approved to get me a revolving account and my truck loan also on there both have perfect pay histories. so now i want to focus on getting all my derogs off of my credit report. i have a few older doctor bills on there too. Another thing is it 7 years AFTER the date of first delinquent or charged off? Does any one have a good dv letter or know of a thread on here to point me in the right direction. Now im going to rant a little bit, (NOT BRAGGING) but my family is well off money was never absent, i was taught to pay cash for stuff i wanted and not use credit because if i couldnt pay cash i didnt need it and still hold that mentality as far as like toys bikes boats cars etc etc. well i graduated in  2005 and i even took a finance class and they just drilled it into our heads that credit cards was bad ect etc. schools should teach how to ACTUALLY showed us how to manage credit what apr was so on and so forth. i was 18 and dumb and srewed mt credit up and my ex wife felt we needed to have stuff not wthi our means. so i put my self in a pickle and i accept responsibilty. THis place has helped me help my new wife who would drive a pinto if that is all we had, i helped her do a PFD on two accounts so i want to thank you guys for info..she has alot of dr bills and no insurance. is there a loop hole to get them pulled off. i dont want to file banruptcy beacause alot of my stuff is going to fall off in thenext three to four years but due to the derogs and lack of revolving credit i just feel like i have failed and am still failing... it literally makes me sick when a buddy says oh i went to dealsherip and got a brand new powerstroke. i want to b there in my life, and im all for the hard work.... please no innappropriate comment or smart ass comments. i made this mess and want to fix it just dont know how to exaclty... THANK YOU guys in advacne for the help!!!! sorry for the long vent and rant lol

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Frustrated, multiples on report, any help on a good DV Letter?

@Anonymous wrote:

well hi everyone i havent been on for a while beacuse well basically down in the dumps. im tired of not even being able to get a secured card tored of not accomplishing my goals and dreams. so here it is i pulled my report and noticed that there was two CA's that are reporting on one of my reports. same amount same account number and everything two differant CA's. i dont know how to go about fixing that situation. in the last month i applied for a fingerhut card and got approved to get me a revolving account and my truck loan also on there both have perfect pay histories. so now i want to focus on getting all my derogs off of my credit report.

i have a few older doctor bills on there too. Another thing is it 7 years AFTER the date of first delinquent or charged off? The max time an item can report is 7.5 yrs from its DoFD, the CRAs will typically schedule exclusion at the 7 year mark to be sure they remain within the law.

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
2. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
3. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Debt-Validation/m-p/7133

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/td-p/2031275

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

Does any one have a good dv letter or know of a thread on here to point me in the right direction. Now im going to rant a little bit, (NOT BRAGGING) but my family is well off money was never absent, i was taught to pay cash for stuff i wanted and not use credit because if i couldnt pay cash i didnt need it and still hold that mentality as far as like toys bikes boats cars etc etc. well i graduated in  2005 and i even took a finance class and they just drilled it into our heads that credit cards was bad ect etc. schools should teach how to ACTUALLY showed us how to manage credit what apr was so on and so forth. i was 18 and dumb and srewed mt credit up and my ex wife felt we needed to have stuff not wthi our means. so i put my self in a pickle and i accept responsibilty.

THis place has helped me help my new wife who would drive a pinto if that is all we had, i helped her do a PFD on two accounts so i want to thank you guys for info..she has alot of dr bills and no insurance. is there a loop hole to get them pulled off. i dont want to file banruptcy beacause alot of my stuff is going to fall off in thenext three to four years but due to the derogs and lack of revolving credit i just feel like i have failed and am still failing... it literally makes me sick when a buddy says oh i went to dealsherip and got a brand new powerstroke. i want to b there in my life, and im all for the hard work.... please no innappropriate comment or smart ass comments. i made this mess and want to fix it just dont know how to exaclty...

THANK YOU guys in advacne for the help!!!! sorry for the long vent and rant lol

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the double reported item, look at the reported dates carefully to determine which CA reported the item first. Dispute that CA's entry with the comment "collector does not have collection authority for this item" and they should drop within a short time. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

awesome guys thanks for the help and info sorry i havent been able to get back on here, my wifes best friend of 18 year stole three checks so ive been dealing with prosecutor and will finally get justice for it. plus got married, i will look into the hippa process ive done some minimal reading on it so im gonna reread and get the full jist of it. i know credit takes time to fix and establish so im just being patient and gonna tackle one thing at a time. i guess i looked at everything as a whole and not indivdually. so i regeared my approach so i thank you guys very much for the times and responses, if you guys have any molre info as to when i get everything paid off on how to start rebulding. also one of my oldest accounts that was charged off was removed becasue it was over 7 years old it fell off my report and my score dropped WAY  down i was at like 560 something and went down to 460 something i worked hard to get it up, i have a fingerhut rvolving account and a car personnel loan that is both paidf on time so when i get everything straight i think atleast three lines of credit and utilize atleast 10% should help rebuild when i get everything done. i hope i have the right track layed out.. let me know guys.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

First, I would recommend that you read the 'stickies' at the top of this forum:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Helpful-Rebuilding-Threads/td-p/224981

One of the items is a listing showing many of the secured cards that are out there.  Some of them do not require a credit check, so you qualify if you can make the secured deposit.  I have one that is only 250, so it doesnt have to be a big amount. If you can find a secured card that graduates after responsible use, that is a big win.

Try to get 3 CCs soon, doesnt matter if they are secured or not, doesnt matter amounts for now.  Use them to show usage, but have 2 report at zero and 1 at less than 10%, but not all 3 at zero.

Time is your friend, for distance since last derog.  If you have a late payment, the longer it goes the better.  At the 12 month mark it is less hurtful, at 24 months even less, etc. If you make sure no new derogs, all the better.

Work hard on your credit rebuild and you'll be able to get a new PowerStroke too.  Yours will be newer though and it will be shinier cause you worked harder to get it.

GL

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.