Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated with CA

tag
wildstang
Contributor

Frustrated with CA

Hello experts, I am concerned with a CA that I have. It was from weisfield jewelers orig amount was 2,282.00 Before I knew about this forum I was paying the CA 150 every month so now the balance is 800. Does the SOL reset if I pay the CA? Also can I DV even if i made payments? This CA is the worst of them all I got all the others deleted with PFD's. here is the info...

ITS LISTED AS WEISFIELD JEWELERS BUT CENTRAL PORTFOLIO HAS IT.

Date opened  Nov 2003

Reported since Nov 2003

Last reported OCT 2009

high balance  2282

Recent balance 815

This item will remain on record until SEP 2011

Starting Score: 470
Current Score: 610
Goal Score: 600

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Re: Frustrated with CA

hello -

1. DV the debt - would not dv a debt that I am currently making payments on, you have been making payments therefore you must already know that you owe the debt. 

2. I would try for a PFD on this account - pay for delete. You have been making payments, perhaps the CA would be willing to remove the TL once it is paid if full...might be harder to negotiate since you're paying them monthly.

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Message 2 of 4
wildstang
Contributor

I have already stopped payments to them about 30 days ago. I also sent them a PFD and they have not responded. I have a second PFD ready to send tmw.

Starting Score: 470
Current Score: 610
Goal Score: 600

Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Most likely, and depending on your state's laws, a payment can reset SOL. IMO, keep paying them as scheduled but continue with the PFDs and reduce the amound w/ each letter as your balance decreases.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.