Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Frustrated!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1,

I missed that when I read the post. Yeah, you'll need to be in the mid500's for Cap1 unsecured.

Mid 500 with which CRA? Or Scoring metric? 

TU usually for Cap1 and if you're referring to FICO VS FAKO then I'm talking your FICO8. This is the only metric that any of the CC's take seriously. Many people have been hurt by relying on CK or CS "OFFER"s.

Was definitely referring to FICO, not FAKO. So my FICO 8 is the number I get when I log into CCT each day, yes? Yes, but I think CCT gives an EX score only and not an aggregate of the 3B's. I have it and it seems that the single # is my EX and I get 3 seperate scores updated every 30days but the number you see on the login page is NOT a composit score.

I BELIEVE that your single score is not simply an average of the 3 but I may be wrong. It seems that there is some weighting towards one side or the other but don't quote me on that. Others here are way more knowledgeable about it than me.

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

No worries ... I appreciate the information. 

As I said, I'm hoping to get into an unsecured card soon, not just for my rebuild but I'm going to be traveling for work and I'd like/need a card with a bigger limit to handle some of those expenses, which are completely reimbursable and a nice way for me to use the card and pay it off without a lot of heavy lifting, financially speaking. 

My current CCT number when I log in is 584, which is a nice improvement from where I started, but I'm not sure it's enough to get into an unsecured card. 

Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

As I said, I'm hoping to get into an unsecured card soon, not just for my rebuild but I'm going to be traveling for work and I'd like/need a card with a bigger limit to handle some of those expenses, which are completely reimbursable and a nice way for me to use the card and pay it off without a lot of heavy lifting, financially speaking. 

My current CCT number when I log in is 584, which is a nice improvement from where I started, but I'm not sure it's enough to get into an unsecured card. 

What is your TU? Cap1 uses TU for the approvals. I've read where sometimes they use EQ for some of the recon stuff (???). It would be worth a shot since you typically don't get the HP if you are denied. And even still, INQ's are part of the process so I'm not skittish about them at all. Folks on here have 30 or more and still get approved for stuff. You won't get much in the way of solid credit without them.

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What is your TU? Cap1 uses TU for the approvals. I've read where sometimes they use EQ for some of the recon stuff (???). It would be worth a shot since you typically don't get the HP if you are denied. And even still, INQ's are part of the process so I'm not skittish about them at all. Folks on here have 30 or more and still get approved for stuff. You won't get much in the way of solid credit without them.

Not sure to tell the truth ... I'm still a few days away from my next 3B, but I would guess it's improved quite a bit. Last pull was 500 on the dot. 

FAKO TU is 583, not that that means much Smiley Happy 

Ironically, Cap One changed their Credit Tracker to something called CreditWise now ... and it uses the Vantage 3.0 score now. 

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stepping in to add my 2 cents.......

1. Cap1 does a triple pull, all three bureaus. IF you applied and didn't get a HP, it typically indicates you are blacklisted (i.e. a charge off, iib, etc) at the moment
2. For prime cards (Visas) Cap1 uses the 04 score, it is typically different than your fico 08 scores. Not sure on the MC's of its the 08 or the 04 score
2a. Cap1 uses more than TU for approvals and CLi's - the number on my denial letters is usually my EQ score (grrrrrrr).
3. The TU number that Cap1 gives you each month is a vantage score - I do not know of any lender using a vantage score and its considered one of the fako scores, pay no attention to it :-)
4. There is no "aggregate" score. Each of the bureaus have their own scores. The scores you see on CCT and MyFico are real and accurate scores on that given day.

OP, Now that you've gotten your reports cleaned up, it's going to take time to heal up all the issues. Stay patient on this. Do be careful about excessive inquiries, they can and do hurt you during rebuilding. They indicate excessive credit seeking and a lot of lenders are sensitive to them. How many your profile can handle is based on many factors. A stinger, thicker profile with solid income can withstand more than a thin file or rebuilder.

Give the Cap1 card six months and then see if you can get an unsecured card. Also, as a suggestion, I would apply for the discover secured card as well (it does unsecure) and ditch the Credit One ASAP. You are wasting money with the fees - all the fee money could be used to open the secured Discover and when it unsecures, you get that money back. With Credit One, it's money lost, down the drain.
Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Stepping in to add my 2 cents.......

1. Cap1 does a triple pull, all three bureaus. IF you applied and didn't get a HP, it typically indicates you are blacklisted I (and several others I've read here) have app'd/denied with no HP and I'm not blacklisted (i.e. a charge off, iib, etc) at the moment
2. For prime cards (Visas) Cap1 uses the 04 score Thanks for this info I didn't know either, it is typically different than your fico 08 scores. Not sure on the MC's of its the 08 or the 04 score
2a. Cap1 uses more than TU for approvals and CLi's - the number on my denial letters is usually my EQ score (grrrrrrr).
3. The TU number that Cap1 gives you each month is a vantage score - I do not know of any lender using a vantage score and its considered one of the fako scores, pay no attention to it :-)
4. There is no "aggregate" score. Each of the bureaus have their own scores. The scores you see on CCT and MyFico are real and accurate scores on that given day.

OP, Now that you've gotten your reports cleaned up, it's going to take time to heal up all the issues. Stay patient on this. Do be careful about excessive inquiries, they can and do hurt you during rebuilding. They indicate excessive credit seeking and a lot of lenders are sensitive to them. How many your profile can handle is based on many factors. A stinger, thicker profile with solid income can withstand more than a thin file or rebuilder.

Give the Cap1 card six months and then see if you can get an unsecured card. Also, as a suggestion, I would apply for the discover secured card as well (it does unsecure) and ditch the Credit One ASAP. You are wasting money with the fees - all the fee money could be used to open the secured Discover and when it unsecures, you get that money back. With Credit One, it's money lost, down the drain.

Hmmmm, That makes much sense! I don't know why I always thought when someone said "Your FICO score is Blah, Blah" I thought they were getting a composite score. It never occurred to me  that they were referring to which ever 

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.