Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Frustrated

I just got my experian score and it's 631.  I know they all can have different things reported but why does the "important" one have to be so low?  Sorry, I'm just starting this and getting so down.  The good news is I have checked all 3 reports and know what I need to do.

I just noticed while reading the fine print that they have different scoring then the other two so that helps make some better sense of it.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: Frustrated

Why is Experien the "important one?"

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've come to see it that way lately because it's the one that seems to be popping up everywhere - here and with all the lenders although I've stopped having it pulled while working on it.

Message 3 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got my experian score and it's 631.  I know they all can have different things reported but why does the "important" one have to be so low?  Sorry, I'm just starting this and getting so down.  The good news is I have checked all 3 reports and know what I need to do.

I just noticed while reading the fine print that they have different scoring then the other two so that helps make some better sense of it.

May I ask where you got your EX score?

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got it directly from their site

Message 5 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I got it directly from their site

What EX sells to consumers now is called a "Plus" score and this is NOT an EX FICO score. In fact on their website EX will tell you (in small print):

Calculated on the PLUS Score model, your Experian Credit Score indicates your relative credit risk level for educational purposes and is not the score used by lenders.

No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. One place is here at myFICO. I suggest you do an internet search for "myfico discount codes" to save a little money.

At one time you could also purchase your Transunion score at transunioncs.com but that site seems to have stopped doing that. Equifax will still sell you a FICO score but you have to look very hard to find it. You can get to it here: www.equifax.com/web-myfico-products/

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 6 of 7
Fleurdelis28
New Contributor

That is true. The only way I know my Ex score is because my CU pulled it to qualify me for a loan (of course if I'm in this thread, I clearly was denied,Smiley Very Happy HA HA...just a little rebuilding credit humor). It's actually higher than my EQ true FICO score, so IMO, EQ is the hardest graded CRA...

Starting Score: 538
Current Score: 555
Goal Score: 675

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.