Established Member
Armbar9

Frustration::CR Still Showing Remaining Balance...

On EX & EQ reports my foreclosure from 2009 is still showing a remaining balance. I disputed twice with EQ and they finally changed it to report as a Foreclosure, but the remaining balance is still showing the original loan amount.

Since this is my 2nd time disputing the account with EQ, what should be my next step? I would like to buy a home next year, but I am weary of showing up with such a high remaining balance. 

What should my next step be? I have the info on the Auction of my foreclosed home and a 1099.

I am still waiting to hear back from EX. Also, I am in AZ, (non-recourse) and this was my 1st and only mortgage.

Thanks, 

Mega Contributor
RobertEG

Re: Frustration::CR Still Showing Remaining Balance...

Send a direct dispute to the creditor, along with all your supporting documentation.

When you disputed through the CRA, they did not send that documentation to the creditor.  They simply reduced your dispute to a three-digit code under their e-Oscar automated dispute system.  By sending a direct dispute, you assure that the creditor receives all your supporting documentation.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+